Author Topic: Finally...  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
Finally...
« on: Nov 01, 2004, 09:09:42 AM »
I got out for some grouse chasing this weekend and went 0 for 2.  Those were the only flushes my brother and I got.  However we did get a nice surprise.  It turns out someone has been stocking pheasants on and around the land we grouse hunt.  I went 0 for 1 on pheasants because I was a bit undergunned (was using 7 1/2's for grouse and woodcock).  I thought I hit him because he brought in his wings and started gliding down but couldn't find him or any feathers!  Next time I'll be prepared!
Their comin' right for us!

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
2005 birds!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2005, 07:39:54 AM »
Well, Bobman, are any of those pheasants still around?
Is Harwood a go, or do you have a better spot?
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
Re: Finally...
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2005, 12:48:19 PM »
D-man, I was out Saturday and put up about 8 pheasants, 2 grouse and 1 woodcock with the same results (0 in the bag  :-[).  I've never hunted Harwood area just thought that would be a convenient meeting point.  I've still got Saturday planned as a bird day if you want to go.  We can figure out somewhere to meet and go straight to my other spot or try Harwood first, either way is good for me.
Their comin' right for us!

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2005, 11:14:28 AM »
we talked to a guy that lives across the street from harwood (actually working on his house) he had cocks and hens all over cris-crossing the street and walking through his yard. he said no one has been around since the second stocking he says there not traveling too far up the hill there just hanging around down by the access area. he is worried about the coyotes because we all know the birds arent gonna last the winter and the area is already infested with coyotes but if the hunters dont harvest more birds there are gonna be even more coyotes hanging around.

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2005, 08:41:11 PM »
 Well it is good to here that you got out for some Grouse who knows next time you may get one. ;D ;D
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal