MHF US Northeast > Hunting New Jersey

Finally finished my 30-30

<< < (2/3) > >>

Raquettedacker:
Wow that looks awesome Doug.   Wish you lots of luck with it.....

LoneWolf:

Thanks Dom. I'm going to hit the range this week to make sure the sights are still on and get a feel for it.
Only about a month left until opening day rifle !  :)

Buckwild:
Doug, That looks nice ! I also prefer open sites. In the year 2000 I received my Dad’s 1959 Marlin 336 that had a scope. I had a 8 pt Buck come in within 20  yards and I never found him in the scope and he ran off. Ever since that horrible experience I installed the Williams peep site with the front red optic. It has been 2 years hunting with it and I have shot 4 pt Buck each year. Good luck with yours this year.

LoneWolf:

Thanks. I too had removed my sights and installed an optic over the summer. After doing a dry run of just walking around in the woods I found it much harder to acquire a target. Maybe it's just me.
Plus the base, rings and scope were heavier and I saw no advantage in the woods.

1959 Marlin 336 .. that's a keeper ! Post a picture if you get time.   

Buckwild:

--- Quote from: LoneWolf on Oct 14, 2019, 07:07:50 AM ---Thanks. I too had removed my sights and installed an optic over the summer. After doing a dry run of just walking around in the woods I found it much harder to acquire a target. Maybe it's just me.
Plus the base, rings and scope were heavier and I saw no advantage in the woods.

1959 Marlin 336 .. that's a keeper ! Post a picture if you get time.

--- End quote ---
The bottom gun is the 1959 Marlin
The top a Winchester 94 cowboy commemorative that my Uncle gave me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version