Author Topic: Can we please chat about scents?  (Read 6990 times)

Offline oneshott

• 6 Pointer
Can we please chat about scents?
« on: Jul 07, 2013, 06:38:16 PM »
Which scents have you had success with and what was your productive technique?   I have had luck with Code Blue estrous gel.  I put it on the evergreen trees chest high with no wick.  The bucks sometimes come to this.
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2013, 06:50:33 PM by oneshott »

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
Re: Can we please chat about scents?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2013, 07:00:48 PM »
I have had luck spraying doe in estrus to the bottom of my boot before walking into my stand, had a couple small bucks follow my tracks in with there head to the ground. 

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2013, 07:03:16 PM »
My dad used buck lure during the pre rut on a drag rope and has shot a couple bucks one was a pretty good 7 pointer too. 

Offline oneshott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2013, 03:25:30 AM »
Thanks for your reply Hess.  What brands are you folks having luck with?

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 2013, 08:30:29 AM »
I used Wyoming county whitetail. It's a local place in NY I use when I lived there.   Iv had much better luck calling bucks in grunting and rattling then using sents. But that might just be me.

Offline Thestanimal

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2013, 11:37:08 AM »
I have been cutting the tarsals out of the does i shoot.  When i hunt I drag em' and then hanging about chest high.  I'll usually stick them back in the freezer when I'm done so i get a few uses out of them.  Nothing better than the real thing.

Offline ms.hick

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2013, 04:27:58 PM »
I have luck with Tinks 69, I put it on a few cotton balls and place them in some of the trees where I hunt.  It seems to work.

Offline SWEDE

• Forked
  • I grunt, therfore I am.
« Reply #7 on: Sep 25, 2014, 03:07:14 PM »
Taken a lot of deer and have bit on a lot of products, the biggest disappointment's and the waste of most money came from scents. Grunts and Can Calls put 40% of the meat on the pole, letting em come down the trails do the rest.
I remember every day i hunt or fish. The rest of the days I...uh...umm.. musta done something else.

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2014, 05:00:55 PM »
Seems to be hit or miss with scents. I've had a few does come in to tinks 69 after I've used a drag. I've watched them follow my exact path right up to where I hung it. The biggest draw I've seen is with scent drippers. You can pick up the combo at walmart or any sport store. Golden estrous comes with it. I like to put my trail camera up right where I made a mock scrape with the dripper. I've gotten some pretty cool pics doing this.
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline fishnmachine

• 8 Pointer
  • Take 'em!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 25, 2014, 08:39:49 PM »
I have luck with Tinks 69, I put it on a few cotton balls and place them in some of the trees where I hunt.  It seems to work.
X2    I once put some on a bandana tied around my boot and killed a buck with his nose to the ground following in my footsteps.  ;D
It'll chew...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal