Author Topic: Bows in MASS??  (Read 2074 times)

Offline amazinmoose

• Nubbie
Bows in MASS??
« on: Dec 30, 2005, 06:16:27 AM »
HI guys I'm new to hunting and was wounder what animals you can take with a bow?  and which ones are possible with a compond vs. a long bow?  i live in Massachusetts thanks in advanced -moose

Offline Redneck5

• Nubbie
Re: Bows in MASS??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2006, 11:03:22 PM »
amazinmoose,
 I am thinking about bow hunting for turkeys in Mass this spring. Alls I can say is it is easier to get a bow in to Mass then a gun. As far as killing critters with a bow, last fall I shot a 339 class Caribou and a 43 inch moose. The Bou was the first critter I shot with a bow and the moose was the 2nd, I got them 30 days apart. Me and my partner just about had 2 grizzle bears at the same time. We had 2 come in to 42 yards and we decided before we went out that we would not shoot unless we both had clear shots. He had a shot and I did not, he was a hell of a guy to let his bow down from a full draw after I told him I did not have a clear shot. We watched these bears for 3 days and had them come in each day. The closeset was 42 yards.

Offline Perch Inc.

• Spiked
  • Monster Perch Rulz!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2006, 10:41:40 AM »
I'm pretty sure that you can hunt just about every thing with a bow!! I'm thinking about shooting at some Geese this year!!
Pass it on the GREAT NY Outdoors!!         

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2006, 01:52:54 PM »
I'm pretty sure that you can hunt just about every thing with a bow!! I'm thinking about shooting at some Geese this year!!

yeah, cant say i ever heard of an animal out there that cant be hunted by bow?
want a fun time, bow hunt for squirrels.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal