Author Topic: NAP QuikSpin vanes  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Dr. IceGeek

• Forked
NAP QuikSpin vanes
« on: Oct 04, 2005, 08:09:49 PM »
I just fletched up my hunting arrows with some NAP QuikSpin vanes and went out and shot them.  I have to say I am impressed with them.  I shot VERY tight groups tonight with my broadheads (85 grain thunderheads with practice blades), much tighter than in the past.  After 5 minutes of shooting out beyond 30 yards I have to refletch a couple of arrows and replace a nock on another....I think I'll leave the setup alone.  Although the vanes are more expensive than others I think they live up to the claims that NAP makes about them.....better than feathers too.  I'm not sure how durable they would be shooting through a whisker bisquit type rest though...I use a drop away rest instead

Offline MoosemanKris

• 6 Pointer
  • Tight Lines ans Straight Shooting
    • Silvertip Archers
Re: NAP QuikSpin vanes
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2005, 09:04:05 PM »
They're not durable shooting through a whisker bisquit. My buddy tried that and after one round of 3D he had to get re-fletched. Drop away is your best bet. I've heard good things about them but my groups are good enough and they're too expensive. Good to know they worked for you.
KRIS
Bagged to date:
9 grouse
6 squirrels
1 MIA Rabbitt

Offline fastribs85

• 6 Pointer
Re: NAP QuikSpin vanes
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2005, 11:27:57 PM »
thanks for the info was thinking about how they shot but if they dont hold up tothe biscuit then why bother i shoot to much for that

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal