Author Topic: reign broadheads  (Read 2008 times)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
reign broadheads
« on: Sep 25, 2010, 04:19:25 PM »
has anyone ever tried reign broadheads? Im very picky when it comes to broadheads but these have caught my eye, the pivoting blade and shatter tip have me intrigued. Anyone have any input?
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: reign broadheads
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2010, 06:14:13 PM »
Never tried one but from the looks they just don't look that durable. The ferule slims down to a very small diameter. Blades look around .030 and those just don't hold up to deer sized animals. As far as shatter tip, unless your shooting an arrow of around 500 grains at 70lbs your not going to have enough kinetic energy to shatter bone.
Rib sized bones are no problem for any decent broadhead. But lets face it you shoot a deer directly into the shoulder bone you've probably not made a real good shot.
So I would rather the deer go off and pull the arrow and live on. JMO.

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2010, 06:20:11 PM »
Made in my homestate and hometown.  I know the guys who made these heads, and know a lot of guys who have shot them.  Everyone I know loves them, and does good with em!  At a close enough range with enough poundage you will have no problem busting through a shoulder bone with any broadhead.  From everyone I know that shoots these blades they sound pretty good.  I do not have any first hand experience tho.
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2010, 08:58:09 PM »
thanks for the responses guys, I think im still to loyal to my g5s but maybe someday. the poundage on my bow is 76 lbs. breaking bone is never an issue.It is overkill for sure but if its not a problem why not right?

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2010, 07:49:11 AM »
Just found out Ted Nugent endorses them. Boy did they just go to crap.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
yea ill hafta agree with you on that one. I did not kow that.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal