Author Topic: Deer Snorts  (Read 2305 times)

Offline browntrout08

• Nubbie
Deer Snorts
« on: Oct 25, 2004, 07:31:57 PM »
Last week I heard a series of 3-5 snorts from what I think were deer.  I know the deer didn't wind me because the wind was in my favor and a buck was still feeding near my stand, he didn't spook at all.  I heard the same snorts the next day but off in the distance.  These sounds aren't the snort wheezes.  I'm pretty sure its deer making the sounds, but I'm not ruling out a critter of some sort.  This is the first year I'm hunting farm country.  Has anyone else heard these kind of snorts?

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
Re: Deer Snorts
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2004, 07:41:41 PM »
It could have been deer. If the see you or another hunter off in the distance, they will still blow even if they don't smell you.

Offline browntrout08

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2004, 07:42:31 PM »
The thing is, I heard the snorts before they came in closer to feed.    I heard the sound tonight coming from a known bedding area about 250 yards away.  Maybe its some call they communicate with that I didn't know about.  It's weird.

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2004, 11:30:28 PM »
The snorts could only have been one of the two snorts deer do, so pick one, I don't have enough info to tell ya if it was a spook snort or a snort/wheeze
MASTERGUIDE

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2005, 08:04:31 AM »
well i can tell you it wassnt a seriouse snort wheeze or spook wheeze if a buck just stood there feeding it could have been too deer goofing around if it was a series of 3-5 snorts from 1 deer it wassnt a spook snort and if it was from 3-5 different deer it probably was but whats throwing me is the buck that just stood there feeding unless he was deaf because if he was big why didnt you arrow him and if he was too small he would have  definitly spooked at a snort wheeze or sppok wheeze?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal