Author Topic: Friday is finally here!!!  (Read 2807 times)

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
Friday is finally here!!!
« on: Oct 14, 2004, 06:23:31 AM »
Bow opens tomorrow in the SZ in NY! Leaving this afternoon for deer camp in Steuben County. . The next 3 days with nothing to do but sit in the rain and wait for Mr. Big! Might even see some flurries Sat night.

Been watching 10 different large bucks for the last month. One is a huge, thick beamed 10 point. Another 10 point also. One 9 point. Several 8 pointers, including one very high rack. One 7 point, that I would cull if he passed by. The smallest of the bunch is a very impressive 6 point, very high and wide. Might have to let him pass until next year.

All that being said, I am first a meat hunter. I will take the rack if it presents itself first, though. With 2 bow tags and 2 DMP, I'll get more selective after I get some meat in the freezer.

Good luck to all going out this weekend.
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline Fat Boy

• 6 Pointer
  • Whack 'em and stack 'em!
Re: Friday is finally here!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2004, 07:42:53 AM »
Good luck VM!
-Kevin Wilson

"Rabbit, rabbit...5 O'clock...It's comin' right for us!"  http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Offline Fishboy899

• Spiked
  • Nothing better than bow season!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2004, 02:10:37 PM »
Yeh taking off of school tomorrow to hunt.  I hope I see some at least.  I am on a edge of a field for the morning so i hope tomorrow morning brings some luck.

Offline reubenpa

• Forked
  • OH MY... I can't stop shaking!!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2004, 12:12:52 PM »
went out this morning to a place that I really never looked hard at and saw a doe that was in range but too much brush so no shot maybe next time!!!
Come on Archery season

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal