Author Topic: Tote/air tight storage for clothes  (Read 1845 times)

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
Tote/air tight storage for clothes
« on: Nov 02, 2019, 10:50:15 AM »
Anyone have a good recommendation for a tote, or air tight storage solution for hunting clothes? I just bought a bunch of products for washing/removing scent from clothes and wanted to get something to store it in.

Or what do you all do for storage of gear and clothes?

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Tote/air tight storage for clothes
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2019, 11:11:27 AM »
The scentlok Tote has been my favorite option for the last 10 years, seals tight with a gasket and has a carbon pad built in and no plastic smell. Very rugged and can fit a lot. I prefer it over any other.

The ozonic soft bags are great too one of each of those and you are styling. If I can only have one it’s still the tote
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2019, 01:22:25 PM »
The scentlok Tote has been my favorite option for the last 10 years, seals tight with a gasket and has a carbon pad built in and no plastic smell. Very rugged and can fit a lot. I prefer it over any other.

The ozonic soft bags are great too one of each of those and you are styling. If I can only have one it’s still the tote

Ok thanks, that’s what I was leaning towards from what I was reading online.

I also saw toothpaste for hunters to mask the scent of their mouth? Some of the stuff im seeing online just seems like a gimmick for scent masking.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2019, 01:28:33 PM »
Just breathe out your nose  ;D
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2019, 03:08:17 PM »
Scentlock tote for sure. Easy and works great. Throw it right in the truck and you're ready to roll wherever you hunt.
As for the toothpaste...lol :o Don't waste your money.

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2019, 05:53:38 PM »
How about the shampoo/soap/body wash? I picked up a bar of soap, but god does it smell odd... I did see deer tonight so I guess it worked...

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2019, 06:13:44 PM »
Everybody has there own routine. Trial and error, whatever works for each person.
Like others, i have a "ritual" each time I hunt. Same thing every time. I've done the same thing for 20 years with the same exact brand cover scents, etc. that work for me.
For me, I do not bother with soaps, deodorants, shampoo, all that stuff. I see plenty of deer with what I do. You can bet your ass the old-time hunters didn't bother with that stuff back in the day either and they took home plenty of deer.
another reason for me is time, it's precious. alot of evenings, I'm running right out to the woods right after work.
I'm sure as hell not gonna go home and shower and shampoo just so I can go hunt....lol
But definitely keeping the clothes in a scent free tote is key.
Find what works for you. Good luck!

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2019, 11:25:14 AM »
Just mix a little tinks 69 in with your shampoo and laundry detergent and the bucks will come running LOL!! ;D

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2019, 11:40:25 AM »
I have witnessed a whole bunch of crazy scent related things that still equaled out to successful hunts.

Examples - My uncle smokes cigarettes. If you know me, you know we make smoked kielbasa- all of my uncles eat this while hunting. Peeing. Cough drops while sick. How about eating tomatoes before a hunt, yes the acids seep through your pores. Toothpaste, shampoo, soap, laundry detergent. Dogs, cats, and your vehicle smelling like bologna because your kid dropped a sandwich 2 days ago. Coffee or tea in a mug.

Even with all of those scents floating around I still see success. Will a deer spook or will it be curious?

My thought is this - I keep it as clean as possible and I spray my self right before I walk into the woods. I do not even know the brand but i know it has silver in it or something like that. I won it a game dinner. I will always grab some pine and break it and use that on my clothes as well. I think putting the time in and being quiet and observant is far more important. sometimes, being in the right place at the right time helps as well.
Honor Respect Loyalty

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2019, 12:02:03 PM »
I just get dressed and open my wood furnace door fast and stand in the smoke.But i also dont have to get in my truck and travel.
When im in the woods i either smell moo poo from the huge farm over the hill or smell everyones wood stoves burning.   8)  Native Americans always stood in their fire smoke before a hunt..    ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2019, 12:03:49 PM by Raquettedacker »
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2019, 12:43:07 PM »
Took a guy hunting 3/4 years ago. He climbed up in his truck and put gas on his boots. First hunt of the day he kills a 7 pt. My brother hunts with a guy in the Southern Zone that wears a cow bell.
I am careful but I don't get too carried away with it. I had 2 does within 15 feet of me last week and I am sitting on the ground. Most of the bucks I have killed have been within 50yds of me....h2l
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Nov 06, 2019, 08:53:50 AM »
I would say it depends on where you hunt if you do a lot of urban hunting than you could wear drier sheets into the woods and probably have good success. But if your hunting in Pittsburgh or somewhere more remote than i would probably try my best to mask any foreign scent that wouldn't be in the woods. My uncle use to hunt the burg a lot he use to put his cloths in a bin with pieces of cedar and got a deer every year. good luck to all!!

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Nov 06, 2019, 11:11:18 AM »
I would say it depends on where you hunt if you do a lot of urban hunting than you could wear drier sheets into the woods and probably have good success. But if your hunting in Pittsburgh or somewhere more remote than i would probably try my best to mask any foreign scent that wouldn't be in the woods. My uncle use to hunt the burg a lot he use to put his cloths in a bin with pieces of cedar and got a deer every year. good luck to all!!

I agree with this. I harvested a deer in the burg about 7 years ago now. Its a whole different ball game.
Honor Respect Loyalty

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal