Author Topic: Killer ghili blind cover  (Read 8664 times)

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
Killer ghili blind cover
« on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:25:55 PM »
Well figured i would post up a few pics of the blind install . its a killer ghili from macks pw.  originally i picked up a power hunter for both the wife's blind and mine also. installed them up and got one for one of my extra blinds that guest use.  install is rather simple just lay it out and slip it over. I used ice fishing line to tie on the majority of the blind. Zip tie's here and there.

This is the double door set up

this last pic is of a wedge layout the old man use's. Its killer weed winter wheat. not sure if its still available in that color of winter wheat. they had some complaints of it being to Neon. so they darkened it up to match the killer ghili winter wheat. ooh well.

Last is of the power hunter with killer ghili installed and the wedge blind with the older killer weed .

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: Killer ghili blind cover
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:35:51 PM »
thats cool.....seems like a good hiding place to me......awesome idea and I would love to just hide and go boo at anyone

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:38:41 PM »
They look great. 8)

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2012, 10:20:26 PM »
Ahhh awesome thanks man! Definitely gonna check those out. Is it quick and easy to put on and take off? It sure seems it

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2012, 05:31:29 AM »
Very cool..   Did you ever try it for deer?     ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2012, 01:09:10 PM »
Ahhh awesome thanks man! Definitely gonna check those out. Is it quick and easy to put on and take off? It sure seems it

The killer ghili can go on and off in minute's but it stays on mine since all we hunt is Sept season. i zip tied ours on so it stays put when jumping in and out quickly.

as for the killer weed, that is just like raffia grass that you get from a craft store. just dyed and tied onto the stubble straps. more of a permanent cover.
i did dye up some raffia grass and it turned out rather good. just a lot of zip ties.

Very cool..   Did you ever try it for deer?     ;D

Not yet !! ;D

Offline NYSporty

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2012, 01:13:09 PM »
I wold love to see video of you popping out of that while a deer is close to it. :o

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 31, 2012, 08:14:34 PM »
Never had a deer sneak in on us, but we did have a coyote come in after the decoys one morning. It was a very slow overcast morning and i was refreshing myself with the calls rather discreetly every 20 Min's or so and i heard the ground pounding behind us and Ethel (our lab ) started growling. A coyote had snuck in to get an early morning breakfast and was as surprised as i was when he tried to snatch up a delicious looking goose and it was made of plastic. made a loud clank as the decoy bounced off his teeth and rolled on the ground just 10 feet behind me. the coyote's eyes were as large as mine when i popped put of the blind to see what the heck just happened. never got a shot off until about 60 yards out and he skipped a step or two when the black cloud reached his behind.  ;D

there are a few pics and vids of this years early season hunt in my picture thread (Hicks Pic's)

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2012, 09:09:45 PM »
Well I looked into them and they don't make em for my migrator 2 blind  >:(. Have to figure out something else. Ill look into that raffia grass. What do u dye it with?

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2012, 08:29:42 PM »
just dye'd it with RIT dye from wallyworld or grovery store. used kelley green with hot tap water and let it set for a few hours and rinsed it clean with cold water. i made an extra wedge blind with just raffia zip tied to a camo burlap blind material from wally also. you may be able to make something like that to fit your migrator 2. also i have used old OD green decoy bag as a sheet to hold the raffia. the killer weed kit will do a two door blind very well if you want less work and about the same price as raffia/dye.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2012, 08:40:48 AM »
just dye'd it with RIT dye from wallyworld or grovery store. used kelley green with hot tap water and let it set for a few hours and rinsed it clean with cold water. i made an extra wedge blind with just raffia zip tied to a camo burlap blind material from wally also. you may be able to make something like that to fit your migrator 2. also i have used old OD green decoy bag as a sheet to hold the raffia. the killer weed kit will do a two door blind very well if you want less work and about the same price as raffia/dye.
alright great! Thanks a lot for the info!!!

Offline lewk24

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2012, 08:46:15 AM »
Wow that is crazy...thanks for sharing.

Luke

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal