Author Topic: I'm looking for a mallard duck call  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Swampbuckster

• Forked
  • I'm out of here, to the great outdoors.
    • Lower Michigan Hunting & Fishing
I'm looking for a mallard duck call
« on: Sep 17, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »
Hello to everyone. Had a bit of bad luck last week while goose hunting a local pothole. I brought along with me my J Frame call while goose hunting, just to practice and mess around a little. By the time I waded across the swamp and went to grab my goose call, I noticed only the mouthpiece part of the call attached to my lanyard. So, really, I am stumbling around at the last second trying to find a call. I bought the J Frame last year, and for the price of twenty dollars, thought I got my money's worth. I actually got pretty good and confident with it too. Now the thing is, I purchased the call at a sporting goods  that is now closed down so going where I got the call from would not be an option. I can order one through Macks PW's but I am making a trip later this week to a waterfowl hunting outlet but they do not carry Quackhead calls. Should I upgrade for a higher priced and quality call? Or just stick with what I know? My theory is that if I upgrade, Maybe my calling abilities will come even easier, and I can improve even greater, but sticking with the J Frame seems to be a safe bet too. Any one out there familiiar with this call? How does it compare to a more expensive model? Anyone have any fair priced favorites? ???
-Swampbuckster
Say Fred, you go up that ridge......and I'll go down in the swamp.....we'll get that buck. -The Nuge

Offline Swampbuckster

• Forked
  • I'm out of here, to the great outdoors.
    • Lower Michigan Hunting & Fishing
Re: I'm looking for a mallard duck call
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2007, 09:12:22 PM »
I ended up purchasing a 25.00 Primos PHAT Lady call. I think it sounds and responds pretty similair to the J Frame call I had.
Say Fred, you go up that ridge......and I'll go down in the swamp.....we'll get that buck. -The Nuge

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal