Author Topic: Tracking on posted land  (Read 10627 times)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Tracking on posted land
« Reply #15 on: Feb 23, 2013, 06:50:37 AM »
That is very true 30-30. I have set stands in places that weren't my first choice specifically so deer would be less likely to head toward houses. But even in those cases I had a 100yds or more of gap to work with.

Offline jimmyrig

• Spiked
« Reply #16 on: Feb 23, 2013, 08:32:37 PM »
 I respect your opinion guys...... The stand does face away from the posted property, and is about 80 yards from posted land. I feel that is a respectful distance for bowhunting.... Dwellings are about 300 yards off, but in late season you can make them out through the woodline. I have taken four deer over the last few years out of that stand without having to step foot on anyone elses land except for which I have permission. Also just to clarify, the land i am hunting on is not posted because the owners want to minimize damage to thier gardens etc..... I have not been aproached by the nieghbors at all..... they just continually lobby for the land owner to post as well...... To each his own opinion.... and I respect that.... Deer hunting is very unpredictable, and this was a first and unique situation for me, which is why I posted here.....
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2013, 08:54:05 PM by jimmyrig »

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #17 on: Feb 24, 2013, 12:18:05 AM »
I would a gone and found the deer after dark if need be. I wouldn't worry about where your hunting jimmy. Sounds like you got your self a good suburban hunting spot. Good luck out there.
Wrong answer but I'm not surprised!
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2013, 12:38:25 AM by drobertsinMaryland »

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #18 on: Feb 24, 2013, 05:26:54 AM »
Wrong answer but I'm not surprised!

X2 Drobs, that's what gives hunters a bad name. No respect for other peoples property.I'd have his A** arrested!!!!!

Peddler  8)  8)  8)
Peddler

Offline jimmyrig

• Spiked
« Reply #19 on: Feb 24, 2013, 06:12:56 AM »
 quote author=peddler link=topic=8831.msg189656#msg189656 date=1361705214]
X2 Drobs, that's what gives hunters a bad name. No respect for other peoples property.I'd have his A** arrested!!!!!

Peddler  8)  8)  8)
[/quote]                     

WOW, I guess I made a mistake posting this on the site....... I thought this site was a hunting friendly site! Have someone arrested for hunting well within legal limits?  15 yard shot..... 80 yds. from property line.....I have been hunting for 20 years now as well as most of my friends, this is the FIRST time this has ever happened to me, which is why I posted...... a mistake I guess...... as I said, out of respect for the landowner with the posted land, I treaded lightly with no weapon, and I retreated when I felt like I was improaching. I did not get fish and game involved as I felt it would create a frenzy in which the landowner would not appreciate. FYI..... I am hunting on 37 acres of land in which the owner specifically asked me to bowhunt, and set up near thier gardens..... The seacoast area is a suburban area, and fish and game encourage people to hunt here because of too many deer......they even give extra tags out......          I suppose I should have not even tracked the deer at all..... or maybe quit hunting and  TURN MYSELF IN........

« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2013, 06:19:34 AM by jimmyrig »

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #20 on: Feb 24, 2013, 06:21:13 AM »

Peddler  8)  8)  8)

WOW, I guess I made a mistake posting this on the site....... I thought this site was a hunting friendly site! Have someone arrested for hunting well within legal limits?  15 yard shot..... 80 yds. from property line.....I have been hunting for 20 years now as well as most of my friends, this is the FIRST time this has ever happened to me, which is why I posted...... a mistake I guess...... as I said, out of respect for the landowner with the posted land, I treaded lightly with no weapon, and I retreated when I felt like I was improaching. I did not get fish and game involved as I felt it would create a frenzy in which the landowner would not appreciate. FYI..... I am hunting on 37 acres of land in which the owner specifically asked me to bowhunt, and set up near thier gardens..... I suppose I should have not even tracked the deer at all..... or maybe yet, quit hunting and turn myself in........

Jimmy if you had paid attention to Drobs post you would have understood what I meant.That was an answer to Donkey who said he would sneak in after dark, and I meant I'd have Donkeys A** arrested. You did nothing wrong except not kill the deer. I guess if you hunt that close to private land that's the chance you take. You might feel differently if you owned one of those properties.

Peddler
Peddler

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #21 on: Feb 24, 2013, 06:21:53 AM »

Peddler  8)  8)  8)

WOW, I guess I made a mistake posting this on the site....... I thought this site was a hunting friendly site! Have someone arrested for hunting well within legal limits?  15 yard shot..... 80 yds. from property line.....I have been hunting for 20 years now as well as most of my friends, this is the FIRST time this has ever happened to me, which is why I posted...... a mistake I guess...... as I said, out of respect for the landowner with the posted land, I treaded lightly with no weapon, and I retreated when I felt like I was improaching. I did not get fish and game involved as I felt it would create a frenzy in which the landowner would not appreciate. FYI..... I am hunting on 37 acres of land in which the owner specifically asked me to bowhunt, and set up near thier gardens..... I suppose I should have not even tracked the deer at all..... or maybe yet, quit hunting and turn myself in........

I don't think Peddler's comment was directed at you...
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #22 on: Feb 24, 2013, 06:24:14 AM »
Thanks Brace you are correct.

Peddler
Peddler

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #23 on: Feb 24, 2013, 07:22:32 AM »
What kind of name does it give hunters leaving a deer to rot?

I didn't say he did anything wrong. I'd have your A** arrested if you snuck on my land. What the hell makes you think that's OK? Your the type that gives us a bad name.

Peddler
Peddler

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #24 on: Feb 24, 2013, 07:28:14 AM »
So you belive leaving a deer to rot is a better solution? I for one believe you owe it to the animal to find it no matter where it lays. I wouldnt hunt posted land. That is the only reason I would go on posted land. I for one am not leaving a deer to rot. Biggest hunting sin there is.

Your an idiot !!

Peddler
Peddler

Offline jimmyrig

• Spiked
« Reply #25 on: Feb 24, 2013, 07:30:04 AM »

I agree swampdonkey, I specifically started off my post with "seacoast NH" because if you hunt in NH you are probably aware of the type of hunting in which the seacoast offers..... I need to realize that people from all areas are posting on this site and not just people from NH...... This piece of land is 37 acres which is unheard of in this area, and it is not posted, but virtually impossible to access because of swampland.... When somebody asks you to legally help them them with a deer problem in this area, and you like venison, most would not refuse........I also believe that most hunters have had to place foot on posted land at some time in thier lives, those that make it a habit.......would of course be giving hunters a bad name.

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #26 on: Feb 24, 2013, 07:30:53 AM »
So you belive leaving a deer to rot is a better solution? I for one believe you owe it to the animal to find it no matter where it lays. I wouldnt hunt posted land. That is the only reason I would go on posted land. I for one am not leaving a deer to rot. Biggest hunting sin there is.
             You don't have to leave the deer to rot. As mentioned earlier on this thread, call the game warden get him to talk to the landowner, he'll get you that deer!

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #27 on: Feb 24, 2013, 07:40:43 AM »
             You don't have to leave the deer to rot. As mentioned earlier on this thread, call the game warden get him to talk to the landowner, he'll get you that deer!
I agree 100%.

HAHAHAHA this coming from a guy who has to bait deer to kill them.
What's funny is you. My way is 100% legal you on the other hand want to go on posted land at night to retrieve a deer without permission. Now who's defeated!

Offline jimmyrig

• Spiked
« Reply #28 on: Feb 24, 2013, 07:43:42 AM »
I agree, never a good option to hunt that close to land you don't have permission to be on. Especially if they have told you as repeatedly as it sounds. To be honest you getting caught there would make hunters look a lot worse than the antis who are honest and open about their stance. Remember it's their land, would you want them on your land you paid for and maintain trying to save the deer from you? I'm truly sorry to hear you lost your deer but I have a question, did you continue to try to fill that tag afterward?

I continued to try to fill my tag yes..... but not in that stand because of the dissapointment of losing the buck.....I think it is wrong to assume someone is setting up on top of land borders without a reasonable distance, and repeatedly encroaching posted land.....to ask the question, sure..... to assume is in my opinion is wrong.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #29 on: Feb 24, 2013, 07:44:57 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal