Author Topic: Too hot today  (Read 2463 times)

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
Too hot today
« on: Nov 12, 2012, 04:14:44 PM »

I went out today & the warm temps kept the deer from moving. I was probably in the wrong spots, I hunted ridges early then as the day got warmer I moved to a swampy area. I could not find them. Here are a couple of pics of where I eas hunting! >:(

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: Too hot today
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2012, 04:19:07 PM »
Nice pics Jeff!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2012, 04:25:11 PM »
Yes, too hot; that's why I decided to see what went by my cam while I was out of town this afternoon. Things will change tomorrow with a cold front, I'm ready to get back after them.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline fontona19

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »
I had the same issue today.  :'( Probably hiked 6 miles, and sat for 3 hours and not a peep. The woods sure were quiet, except for those wind gusts of course.

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2012, 04:29:07 PM »
I already thanked the wife for having here knee replaced today. It didn't miss not hunting today one bit...lol...she is doing fine...hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2012, 04:38:42 PM »
Nice pics Jeff!
Thanks Scott, this area that I hunted has always produced deer, I'm sure it's the warm temps that kept them from moving. It was very quiet in the woods except for the wind gusts every onece in a while, as fontona19 said!

I already thanked the wife for having here knee replaced today. It didn't miss not hunting today one bit...lol...she is doing fine...hunts2long
I hope she's doing well, my girlfriends mother is having it done next month.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2012, 05:45:48 PM »
My buddy Herb had a great day seeing deer in the heat...    Walked out of the house at first light and saw a good buck chasing a doe in the field...   Waited till they left and he walked across to his stand....   Was in there for an hour and had a nice 6pt come down and proceeded to lay down next to a log and bush 20 yards away and fall asleep..  He had no shot and didn't know what to do....  He tried to wait it out but after 11/2 hrs...    After watching it he decided it was not really a shooter...   So he took an arrow and started pounding on the rung of the ladder stand...He said the deer looked around and just put his head back down...   Herb than whistled real loud and the deer did the same thing..    So he just started climbing down and got to the ground and the deer stood up and took off.....    So than at 4:30 I get a tex and he says he has a 6 and an 8 chasing does around him... At 4:45 he tex me back and says deer down.....   Shot the 8.....
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2012, 05:52:08 PM by Raquettedacker »
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2012, 06:19:03 PM »
Good for herb.......why dont you go hunt with that looser  ???

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2012, 06:20:02 PM »
And you was in the boat, weren't cha?   ::)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2012, 06:23:08 PM »
Nice pics 30-30.

My buddy Herb had a great day seeing deer in the heat...    Walked out of the house at first light and saw a good buck chasing a doe in the field...   Waited till they left and he walked across to his stand....   Was in there for an hour and had a nice 6pt come down and proceeded to lay down next to a log and bush 20 yards away and fall asleep..  He had no shot and didn't know what to do....  He tried to wait it out but after 11/2 hrs...    After watching it he decided it was not really a shooter...   So he took an arrow and started pounding on the rung of the ladder stand...He said the deer looked around and just put his head back down...   Herb than whistled real loud and the deer did the same thing..    So he just started climbing down and got to the ground and the deer stood up and took off.....    So than at 4:30 I get a tex and he says he has a 6 and an 8 chasing does around him... At 4:45 he tex me back and says deer down.....   Shot the 8.....
Let me get this straight? ;D ;D He shot the 8pt you have pic of? :-\

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2012, 06:55:45 PM »
Nice area Jeff.....I had almost the same day...but sure was nice... ;D ;D ;D

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
Nice area Jeff.....I had almost the same day...but sure was nice... ;D ;D ;D
Yea it was! ;D

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 2012, 07:26:07 PM »

I went fishin !!!! well catchin  ::) ::) ::) ;)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2012, 07:33:59 PM »
My congrats to Herb. Seems like he is as good a hunter as he is a fisherman. I usually chase the small ones away so I can shoot a bigger one....LOL....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2012, 07:55:29 PM »
My congrats to Herb. Seems like he is as good a hunter as he is a fisherman.
Except when he hooks Dom's ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal