MHF US Northeast > Hunting Maine
Moose Hunt 2017 is Game On
(1/13) > >>
Aziscohosbuck:
Boy am I psyched up tonight, checked the Moose Hunt Lottery results at 8pm tonight on the MDIFW site and lo and behold there was my name for Zone 2, September, Bull only.  The first year I ever applied was 2016 at which time I decided if I was ever going to get a Maine Moose Hunt checked off the bucket list before I die I better get going.  I didn't get picked in 2016 at age 60 and didn't expect to, just figured I had ruined any chance I may have had by not applying starting 30 plus years ago.  So I applied in 2017 with a grand total of 1 bonus point, and Bingo I got picked, go figure?  I never argue with providence, this just must have been meant to be and now it's game on with the planning for a hunt of a lifetime at age 61.  I am perfectly fine with Zone 2, although my first choice was Zone 7 as I have a camp there and know the area extremely well for where to find the Moose, so I may try to find a swap for Zone 2 to Zone 7, however I have a close friend who will be my sub-permitee who knows zone 2 intimately and has Outfitter Guide Tents and supplies to make it happen in Zone 2.  Win, Win either way!

What a Blessing this hunt will mean to me, words can't express,
Aziscohosbuck
teampar:
Congrats! Zone 2 is a great tag. That is in our neck of the woods, my dad finally got pulled this year as well a bull tag for zone 9 so we will be looking to swap for something closer to home as well. Good luck!
Green Mountian Hunter:

Congraduations  ; Zone 2 is an awesome zone to draw you going to have a great time four sure  ;D
aquaassassin:
Congratulations! No such luck for me. Maybe some day. Zone 7 is my hope as well
aquaassassin:
Sept bull in zone 2 I don't think it can get any funner
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version