MHF US Northeast > Hunting New Hampshire
THE MORONS ARE STILL RUNNING AROUND THE WOODS
(1/2) > >>
surflizard:
I saw that news report where that NH turkey hunter got shot by someone in his own hunting party :o >:( I'm really glad the shotgun blast didn't kill him ! THE MORON THAT PULLED THE TRIGGER SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH ASSAULT
WITH A DEADLY WEAPON, JAILED AND BANNED FROM HUNTING IN NH FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE !!!! I apologize for
 this rant, I CAN'T HELP IT, STUPIDITY OFFENDS ME  >:(
upstatehunter:
I agree SL. People who will stalk a turkey and shoot without target recognition should be put in jail.
Plus fines, and loss of licence. We may never stop all accidents from happening but this kind can be stopped. For those that feel they should be able to hunt anyway they want to, 98% of all turkey hunting accidents occur when someone stalks a turkey(by sound) and sees movement or another hunters decoys and shoots. For that reason we as instructors of hunter education stress, NEVER EVER STALK A TURKEY!!
I know, if they will tresspass they will still stalk. Laws on trespass should be stricter as well. Most people know that first offense they will remove you with a warning. Nope if I want to press charges, arrest them and fine them. Stop them from doing the wrong thing!
longbeardking:
It's NOT an accident when you purposely pull the trigger on an unidentified/illegal target. END of story. I've been hunting turkeys for a lot of years and can understand  "moving"  on a turkey that is GOBBLING!!!!!!!!!!! Shooting hens is ILLEGAL therefore stalking a hen with the intention of shooting SHOULD also be illegal. Therefore shooting a human that is hen calling should AUTOMATICALLY be criminal. There is NO excuse for this happening.
newfound:
There really should be some sort of minimums set for "accidental incidents"..  At the very minimum, loss of hunting privileges for life.

Newfound
monk:
surflizard, How someone could identify a person as a turkey... then as a gobbler... then the head as the point of aim... And then wait for a clear, ethical shot? Complete incompetence, then in that case should not have owned a firearm in the first place! Negligent or intentional, is criminal! This always sends me in a rage too, no apology needed!
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version