Author Topic: Out of State Hunters  (Read 1660 times)

Offline 200orbust

• Forked
Out of State Hunters
« on: Apr 25, 2012, 12:39:42 PM »
I just read a good article in the sporting journal and its talking about switching Turkey from big game to small game so it would be cheaper for out of state hunters to come in and purchase the hunting licence. It is no big mystery that fewer and fewer out of state hunters are making the trip to Maine to hunt. I live in western Maine and a lot of people out here rely big time on out of state dollars to get by (fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, skiing). I am just interested in some peoples opinions on out of state hunters and what we could do to try and get more of them here. Thanks. 

Offline finbob1933

• Spiked
Re: Out of State Hunters
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2012, 01:03:14 PM »
Turkey is considered a big game animal in your state

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2012, 01:13:06 PM »

The problem in Maine, @ least w/me is we have a camp lease that we own in NMW, since the practice of clear cutting & also cutting & chipping the hardwoods w/the increase of the moose population has driven the deer from our area. Also the winter kill from a couple yrs' back did not help. I know that there is plenty of deer down near the coast, it is not practical to hunt there for us. When I go to camp for 2 weeks it cost about $500 for everything, I couldn't do that going somewhere else. In time the deer will come back, nature has always found a way.

Offline 200orbust

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »
Yes it is. According to the article it cost $114.00 for and out of state big game licence and on top of buying that you need to purchase a Turkey permit for $54.00. I have a life time hunting and fishing licence and have to buy the turkey permit witch only cost $20.00 for spring and fall. Or that's what it cost last year. I wont be able to do a spring turkey hunt this year due to my work schedule.

Offline finbob1933

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2012, 01:20:49 PM »
WOW and people think NY is bad

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2012, 03:58:54 PM »
I  spend $260 for hunting and fishing in maine with NR license and permit's. Not counting Moose lottery.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2012, 04:02:28 PM »
I spend 151 in Maine every year being as I can put waders on and walk on over from the house ;D
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 25, 2012, 05:16:58 PM »
I go to the Camp in the North Maine Woods with 30/30 every year best money well spent
Could hunt V.T. but don't, Rather go to Maine so much more relaxing and peaceful up there  ;) ;) ;D

Offline cjg

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Apr 25, 2012, 06:38:38 PM »
I think they should get rid of the big green bridge down to Kittery and let them all stay home if they don't like paying the price. JMHO

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #9 on: Apr 25, 2012, 06:54:41 PM »
Don't get rid of that bridge, then there will be a huge influx in traffic on the 6 bridges next to my house ::)
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal