MHF US Northeast > Hunting Maine

Today Is Opening Day

(1/4) > >>

chillywillie:
It will be nice to hunt a different area than just the expanded zones.  Hopefully my early stand in Buxton is as active this year as it was last year.  Good luck everyone.

Out4Trout:
I'm watching a nice doe under an apple tree behind my house right now as I'm typing. A doe and fawn have been coming out almost daily. Too bad I'm not bow hunting this year. The only problem with them coming out this early in the year is that they become pets to my wife and daughters by the time rifle season rolls around.  ::)

Got Deer?:
well i hope you dont tell anyone where that place is in buxton. If you do then there will be 100 people over there just like off saco street is now. All it takes it tell one wrong person and then everyone knows

slt:
Was working in my woodlot securing firewood for the winter and found two stands, one of which appears pretty permenant from the spikes and nails. Property is not posted and I welcome people that wish to hunt. HOWEVER I do like to be asked..... If anybody has an Idea who built or put up these please let me know. The permenant one is comming down tomorrow. My woodlot is in Buxton so if anyone come up short a stand......

chillywillie:
Well, my early stand is active again this year.  I saw 3 does and a nice 4 pointer.  I had no shot at the does, but the 4 pointer snuck up on me because the woods were wet and quiet.  I didn't know he was there until he was 10 yards behind me.  Before I could draw my bow he was already through my shooting lane.  I guess it's a good sign that it's still a good area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version