MHF US Northeast > Hunting Maine

Moose Hunt 2017 is Game On

<< < (2/13) > >>

Lobsterman:
you shouldn't have any problem swapping zone 2 that's where the big ones are...

teampar:
Got lucky enough to swap the zone 9 bull tag for a zone 3 sept. bull tag. Much closer to home.😎

Aziscohosbuck:
OK, so it took me some 48 hours to come to my senses about getting drawn for zone 2 in September for a bull.  You really can't beat that when you consider that Zone 1,2,3, 4 and 5 produce the highest numbers of harvested moose as well as the largest Moose and has the highest densities of Moose populations in the state.  So why mess with providence, that given with the fact that I am being provided with a guide at no charge with proven experience over 5 seasons with 100% success and will be providing two 16' x 16' Outfitter Guide Tents with a portable latrine tent and a portable shower unit and a 4'x4' refrigerated storage unit run by a generater and electric lights to boot, all of this at no cost to me.   Not gonna swap for zone 7, going for a remote self guided outfitter camp hunt in zone 2.

That and the fact that the farther and more remote in Northern Maine that this hunt takes place, the more awesome the experience in my opinion,
Aziscohosbuck 

MEhunter:

--- Quote from: Aziscohosbuck on Jun 19, 2017, 06:17:34 PM ---OK, so it took me some 48 hours to come to my senses about getting drawn for zone 2 in September for a bull.  You really can't beat that when you consider that Zone 1,2,3, 4 and 5 produce the highest numbers of harvested moose as well as the largest Moose and has the highest densities of Moose populations in the state.  So why mess with providence, that given with the fact that I am being provided with a guide at no charge with proven experience over 5 seasons with 100% success and will be providing two 16' x 16' Outfitter Guide Tents with a portable latrine tent and a portable shower unit and a 4'x4' refrigerated storage unit run by a generater and electric lights to boot, all of this at no cost to me.   Not gonna swap for zone 7, going for a remote self guided outfitter camp hunt in zone 2.

That and the fact that the farther and more remote in Northern Maine that this hunt takes place, the more awesome the experience in my opinion,
Aziscohosbuck

--- End quote ---

You're making the right decision IMO. Rangeley no doubt holds some of the biggest, if not the biggest racked bulls in the state, but it's a post rut hunt and you're pretty much deer hunting for them. Still capable of shooting one that comes into a call yes, but much better chances of experiencing a true full blown moose hunt going with zone 2 in September, you will not be disappointed! Good luck and congrats, we won't be too far from you in September.

huntermike:
I have had no such luck getting drawn either for myself but in 2015 my girlfriend and daughter both got drawn for cow tags in zone 2 for the November hunt ,was a great time but a very tough hunt an ended up getting one with ten minutes left on the last day ,then last year my girlfriend's son got drawn for zone 2 bull in September ,we past on a small bull early first day an ended up calling another one in the same day in the afternoon to about 50 yards an we shot him he was about 800lbs great hunt ,then this year my son got drawn for a cow tag for zone 2 so we will be going up in October for that hunt an also my buddy got drawn for a bull in September so I will also be up there for the first week we have had plenty of experience in zone 2 an it is a great zone to have bull tags in , definitely do a lot of calling it's one of the best experience u will ever have ,it is a rush for sure.good luck to you an maybe we'll run into each other up there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version