Author Topic: Spring Turkey Seasons  (Read 20452 times)

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
Spring Turkey Seasons
« on: Mar 06, 2011, 04:18:34 PM »
Just starting to get the itch for spring turkey was wondering what the everyone's opening dates are how long days and when they can hunt i.e. New York is May 1-May 31 from one half hour before sunrise till noon.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Spring Turkey Seasons
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2011, 04:21:22 PM »
Did you sign up for the turkey contest???
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2011, 04:42:45 PM »
yes, indeed getting the itch bad only have one ice fishing trip left for the yr then its gearing up for the turkey's

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2011, 05:07:01 PM »
April 18-May 23 down here. Can only hunt sun up till noon(April 18-May 9). Then new this year the last two weeks of the season we can hunt them all day. This was the best thing that could happen for me.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2011, 05:19:23 AM »
Home wood's in Mass start april 25th- May 21st, Maine runs from May 2nd-June 4th And NH is from May 2nd-31st. Still have 2 1/2 weeks Va-Ca to use before july so I'm going to try to do all 3 to pad my point's lead in the MHF turkey contest. ;D ;D

And yes I'm ready for spring and some gobbling.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2011, 05:43:39 AM »
Besides NY, I plan on heading to Ohio in late April to get a head start. I was thinking about trying Vermont(same as NY, May 1-31) last year after tagging out in NY; looking at bogman's plans I might have to step it up for the contest this year. ;D
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2011, 06:14:49 AM »
If Bogman has a good season you'll have to burn a lot of gas to keep up CaptJJ. I'll be happy to get a mature tom this year. Want to get out for crappies and stripers this spring too, not enough time in the spring to do it all.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2011, 07:25:40 AM »
You in MD yet stka?

Offline BigRedDodge1500

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2011, 07:42:04 AM »
I got MA, NH, NY, and Maine,  the 5's will be flying.  DROB if you need any help i'll go halfs on a plane ticket to MA with you! And what is MD thinking letting people hunt them all day just another opportunity for all the poachers to road hunt for them in the evenings the population isn't even that strong there are none in central MD.  I can't believe they did that Dave.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2011, 08:58:25 AM »
Good lord your going all over BRD. :o Thanks for the offer on the plane ticket but if I do that I would have to drive. Terrified of planes just cant get on one. I don't know thinks up these regulations down here. They shoot down opening bow season 10 days earlier for deer(which there are plenty of). Then come up with hunting turkey all day the last two weeks. Your right not near the amount of turkey down here as there are deer. I will say if I haven't tagged one by then my odds just got real good since they roost on the property or close to it.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #10 on: Mar 07, 2011, 09:04:24 AM »
I wish NY would open anafenoon hunt.....

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11 on: Mar 07, 2011, 09:05:47 AM »
I would think NY has the bird number to support that.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #12 on: Mar 07, 2011, 09:09:33 AM »
Yes we do......

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #13 on: Mar 07, 2011, 09:12:57 AM »
I won't be headed down until this afternoon, looks like I'll be staying in Gaithersburg and working in Rockville. Should have the details figured out asap.

I'd get two birds a year if we could hunt the afternoon when the toms are lonely. Not sure I like the idea, I like having a lot of birds around, doesn't bother me to have to work for them.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #14 on: Mar 07, 2011, 09:16:59 AM »
I won't be headed down until this afternoon, looks like I'll be staying in Gaithersburg and working in Rockville. Should have the details figured out asap.

I'd get two birds a year if we could hunt the afternoon when the toms are lonely. Not sure I like the idea, I like having a lot of birds around, doesn't bother me to have to work for them.
Not sure what your work schedule is but at worst you will be 45 mins for me. May be able to meet up with you and grab a bite to eat if you want.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal