Hunting Media > Hunting Pictures

WT/Antelope Wyoming

<< < (3/3)

Cargo:
Boy thanks everyone

Archer Luck????? the story, I will try to keep it short. DIY Public lands Wyoming.

I had two stands up, I put the stands up 10 days before season in August. The season here opens Sept 1 to Sept 30.

Stand #1 was 35 miles from home, I had two trail cameras up and had pictures of three very nice bucks any of them I would have taken very nice deer. Better than the one I took.
 I sat in this stand almost every night I could, after work and weekends I wanted one these guys.

Stand#2 was 65 miles from my home, I had one trail camera up and had checked it a few times nothing but small bucks. With two days left in the season I decided to take this stand down in the evening. I left work early got to my stand 4:30pm took the card out of the cuddie-back climbed up in my stand.  I staring looking at the pictures and saw where a nice buck had came through about 7:00pm a couple of days before.  I thought I would take the stand down in the dark I had my head lamp.
No more than I put the camera away (5:30pm) and got my bow ready here comes a little buck with this one in tow about 20 yards behind, they came by my stand at 15 yards, I made a good/bad shot spine he dropped right in front of me and I had to put another arrow in him to finish the job.

A little bit of Luck never hurts a bowhunter!

I did go Elk hunting for a week in September and we got a dandy Bull and Mule Deer buck.         

fishnmachine:
Wow. Congratulations to you. You've got a heck of a season going!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version