Author Topic: broadhead choice?  (Read 8340 times)

Offline NYSporty

• 6 Pointer
Re: broadhead choice?
« Reply #15 on: Sep 11, 2013, 08:34:49 PM »
Been shooting NAP spitfires since 2000...They haven't let me down yet...I have taken a lot of deer at many different angles and they have always done the trick...good luck...

2X
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2013, 08:49:52 PM by NYSporty »

Offline flukeman

• Forked
« Reply #16 on: Sep 11, 2013, 09:00:17 PM »
I have been shooting 100 grain Thunderheads for 25 years and never had a problem. My friends have tried every new broad head to come out and always seem to maim the poor critters 1/2 the time. I think I will stick to what is working for me.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #17 on: Sep 11, 2013, 09:06:03 PM »
Trying Magnus Stingers this year with the recurve, cut on contact and really sturdy; the lifetime warranty is nice, too.

The NAP Nitrons I really liked with the compound have been discontinued, still have some and some blades; also have some Steelheads and a bunch of spare blades. Don't plan on using my compound, except maybe late in the season when it gets cold.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #18 on: Sep 12, 2013, 05:09:31 AM »
Trying Magnus Stingers this year with the recurve, cut on contact and really sturdy; the lifetime warranty is nice, too.

The NAP Nitrons I really liked with the compound have been discontinued, still have some and some blades; also have some Steelheads and a bunch of spare blades. Don't plan on using my compound, except maybe late in the season when it gets cold.

Using the recurve on your Ohio trip ?

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #19 on: Sep 12, 2013, 09:00:30 AM »
Yes, that's the plan. All 4 bucks I've gotten there were shot at 12 yds or less.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Sep 15, 2013, 10:29:02 AM »
G5's all the way. A little expensive but well worth the price. Never seen a blood trail like they leave before.
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline Deadeyez

• 6 Pointer
  • Bow Hunting Addict
« Reply #21 on: Sep 15, 2013, 10:46:01 AM »
I have used Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain since I started bowhunting 12 years ago.  They have never gave me a problem and they dont empty your wallet.  I think you can pick up a 6 pack of them for under $40.00
THWWWACK         Never Back Up Never Back Down

Offline AugustWest

• Spiked
« Reply #22 on: Sep 15, 2013, 03:16:32 PM »
Used Rage one year, performed great but the cheapness of them scared me away. The last few years I have used G5 T3's and love them they fly true and leave a wicked blood trail. Now that Rage finally smartened up and built a rugged tip on there new hyperdermic I wouldn't hesitate to go back to rage but see no reason too. The G5 T3 gives me no reason to give up on it

I will agree on the G5 T3's as well...this will be my 4th season with them and they are awesome...shoot like a field tip and leave a great blood trail if you need one with these...I have watched all my deer fall within sight ;D

AW

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #23 on: Sep 15, 2013, 04:20:49 PM »
I will agree on the G5 T3's as well...this will be my 4th season with them and they are awesome...shoot like a field tip and leave a great blood trail if you need one with these...I have watched all my deer fall within sight ;D

AW
::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Sep 29, 2013, 08:30:34 AM »
Shot the g5 T3's again yesterday. Doe was at 30 yards she only went another 30
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #25 on: Sep 29, 2013, 09:16:34 AM »

AW

I probably would have got them over the grim reapers, simply because I like the montacs so much. But I don't think they're legal in NY, so went with the GR's.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #26 on: Sep 30, 2013, 03:28:13 AM »

Picked these up a couple weeks ago

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #27 on: Oct 10, 2013, 02:52:05 PM »
trying rage extreme tonight... we will see what happens
Take a Kid outside...

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #28 on: Oct 10, 2013, 04:44:45 PM »
Been using the Muzzy's for a lot of years now and never had a problem with them & they shot the best from my bow .... ;)

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Oct 15, 2013, 10:40:42 AM »
well ill tell ya that rage really suck...as some of you may seen I got a buck sunday morning...25 yards slight quartering away shot hit back lung/liver area but should go out front shoulder area...well see deer run off wait a few minutes and climb down and head out to where my father was in stand...get up to him tell him story and he says we batter be safe then sorry and wait an hour or so just in case it was father back then I thought...well came back at 10 found blood right away start tracking after about 100 yards find my arrow only bloody 12-14 inches up shaft then after that blood was very sparse for 300 more yards until we came upon my deer laying in the dug road head up panting like he was trying to catch his breath..well I was able to sneak to about 10-15 yards so I drew and shot him again perfect right in the rib cage once again only goes 12-14inches in and deer still breathing very hard so after about a minute I put my last rage in him and again no penetration so now deer still alive and im really starting to feel bad for this guy I know he is gonna pass but its been over 2 hours from the first hit..so after dad and I standing and waiting for him to pass my father say here shot him again and hands me one of his arrows with a muzzy so again shoot him but this time I get a complete pass thru and he takes a few deep breaths and lays his head down and passes...I have to say I am never going to follow any hype over some type of broadhead again and just stick too what has worked for years and that's MUZZYS...ill upload a pic so yall can see what  area I shot him in and can see it wasn't shot placement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal