Author Topic: lets see ur huntin dogs  (Read 8285 times)

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
Re: lets see ur huntin dogs
« Reply #30 on: Aug 30, 2013, 04:12:57 AM »
Yes, he is a Brittany.  And you're right, great family dog and great hunters too! 
Mookie, we've noticed this before, our dogs look like twin brothers!  Does he run off sometimes and hunt on his own too?  Mine does on occasion and it drives me crazy.
Oh yes LOL ..... He's as pig headed as they come :-[ Sport Dog Collar is all I can say ;)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #31 on: Aug 30, 2013, 06:05:41 AM »
we have a fleet of wire hair griffons here but i cant pist pics from my phone i guess??  all great dogs with funny personalities. hell on ALLwinged game

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #32 on: Aug 30, 2013, 07:41:52 AM »
Oh yes LOL ..... He's as pig headed as they come :-[ Sport Dog Collar is all I can say ;)
love my sport dog 1000...my youngest beagle is as dumb as they come and its sure saved her from her self a few times

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #33 on: Aug 30, 2013, 11:55:08 AM »
we have a fleet of wire hair griffons here but i cant pist pics from my phone i guess??  all great dogs with funny personalities. hell on ALLwinged game

If you have a smart phone you can down load the photo bucket app and upload pics from you phone that way

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #35 on: Aug 30, 2013, 02:13:58 PM »
thats whelen last september at 7 months

Offline oneshott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #36 on: Aug 30, 2013, 02:17:47 PM »
Really great photo Tally.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #38 on: Aug 30, 2013, 04:01:04 PM »
they are pointers. griffond atr actually a "versatile gun dog" meaning they can do it all. they are considered the 4x4 of hunting dogs. i use whelen on crows, woodcock, partridge, pheasant, ducks and geese. he does go on point on rabbits once in a while. thats a fun surprise when they explode outof cover lol.  in europe griffs are used for running rabbits snd fox.

BP

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #39 on: Aug 31, 2013, 02:10:46 PM »
The old girl went out for a swim today. Noticed since iv been home she is getting pretty deff

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #40 on: Aug 31, 2013, 04:01:22 PM »
they are pointers. griffond atr actually a "versatile gun dog" meaning they can do it all. they are considered the 4x4 of hunting dogs. i use whelen on crows, woodcock, partridge, pheasant, ducks and geese. he does go on point on rabbits once in a while. thats a fun surprise when they explode outof cover lol.  in europe griffs are used for running rabbits snd fox.

BP
  OK I gotcha now ; They keep you on your toes    ;D ;D

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #41 on: Aug 31, 2013, 04:04:43 PM »

Sorry to here that Cody  ; She getting up there in age .

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #42 on: Aug 31, 2013, 04:42:01 PM »

Sorry to here that Cody  ; She getting up there in age .

Yeah she turned 11 this June.   She is still pretty good for 11 though gets around great. 

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #43 on: Sep 01, 2013, 05:05:00 AM »

BP

They can also be trained to track wounded game such as deer.

I first found them when I started looking for a Hypoallergenic hunting dog. It was a griff or pudelpointer. I think I made the right choice. I love my Griff.

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #44 on: Sep 01, 2013, 10:38:10 AM »
Here's one of our labs. Ethel from this morning.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal