Author Topic: Gotta love NY  (Read 1129 times)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Gotta love NY
« on: Mar 27, 2013, 05:37:40 PM »
Get priorities in order
March 27, 2013
The Leader Herald
      If the proposed state budget reveals anything about our legislators, it's that they have trouble prioritizing how to spend money.

They certainly don't have trouble spending money. The proposed New York state budget is a whopping $135 billion.

Our elected state representatives have trouble determining who needs the money the most.

How else to explain the state is planning to cut funding for cancer screenings for the uninsured and programs to curb ten smoking- to save about $3.5 million.

Meanwhile, the state will give $54 million to help renovate Buffalo's Ralph Wilson Stadium.

The budget even includes a provision that appears tailored to provide a 30 percent tax break to draw the "Tonight" show back to New York City.

State officials have defended both apparent giveaways. The Cuomo administration will get a luxury box at "The Ralph" that can be used to promote upstate to businesses, they said, and the money for the "Tonight" show would come from an already existing $420 million film tax credit program.

However, those alleged benefits ignore the reality of what the state is doing.

For all practical purposes, the state is taking from programs designed to aid those who are poor or educate those who are ignorant so officials can claim they helped create jobs - which is supposed to be the work of the free market.

It's not as if state officials had to keep a pledge not to raise taxes. The budget actually extends two taxes that were set to expire.

We understand the state wants to encourage business.

However, reducing taxes and spending money where it is truly needed would be better a better plan.

Of course, if the state did that, it might not get a luxury box.

Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
Re: Gotta love NY
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2013, 08:17:38 PM »

The way they give monies out is to ensure votes for them, more people see the stadium makeover than they do for cancer screening. To them votes = money in their pockets. ::)

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2013, 08:44:32 PM »
my mom is at risk of losing her job at a mental health facility and they rather renovate a stadium  ??? :o Might have to move
Take a Kid outside...

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2013, 05:43:10 AM »
The State is also spending 27 million on a hand gun data base....For the Guns that are already in a data base-!!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2013, 05:59:30 AM »
As soon as my parents pass I'm outta here...... >:( >:( >:(
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2013, 05:38:14 PM »

I have noticed while working in NY. they sure do love there taxes

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2013, 06:34:53 PM »

I have noticed while working in NY. they sure do love there taxes

Cuomo might be touting that there's no new taxes in NY but there sure are a hell of alot more "fees" cropping up on bills and receipts.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2013, 05:34:59 PM »
As soon as my parents pass I'm outta here...... >:( >:( >:(
            Then you couldn't go by Raquettedacker any more. ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal