Author Topic: So how's everyone doing for the 2006 season?  (Read 25972 times)

Offline pieman1998

• 6 Pointer
Re: So how's everyone doing for the 2006 season?
« Reply #105 on: Dec 11, 2006, 07:38:12 AM »
1 more time out for me to score
love the outdoors

Offline The Smokestick Kid

• 6 Pointer
  • When the hammer drops, the B.S. stops!
« Reply #106 on: Dec 11, 2006, 12:32:28 PM »
Going out right now to hunt a corn field that is always productive this time of year....Finally got a steady north wind, so hopefully it'll pay off!

-Zach

Offline NYOutdoors

• Nubbie
    • NY-Outdoors.com
« Reply #107 on: Dec 11, 2006, 09:49:10 PM »
Only thing I saw all regular season was one doe and 3 fawns - and that was in the road on my way to a hunting area.  I'm going out a couple of times this week with my Hoyt in hopes of filling a tag.  If I get one, I'll post.

Al
I'm willing to learn if you're willing to teach.

Offline deerslayer92163

• Forked
« Reply #108 on: Dec 12, 2006, 04:15:38 PM »
i got a 5 pt and 2 does meat in the freezer no trophies

Offline jerrygeb

• Nubbie
  • North Thurston, NY
« Reply #109 on: Dec 13, 2006, 03:59:21 AM »
Passed on several small ones during the archery season. Saw a few nice bucks, but nowhere near bow range.

A doe on the Tuesday after the opener of the regular season, and a 5 pointer with a muzzleloader on the last day of the regular season.

Out one more time this weekend with the muzzleloader.

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #110 on: Dec 13, 2006, 06:16:27 AM »
Did a small push the other day, and missed a gimme shot at a big doe as she ran through.  ::) Oh well!  My dad shot a nice doe the other night as well.  I was hunting with my neighbor, doing a few small scent drives, and he shot the biggest doe I've ever seen....171 pounds!!!!  :o That's no joke, he took pictures of it on the scales, so I'll try to get those from him.  What a brutal drag that was...almost 3/4's of a mile, all uphill from a swamp...and this was a pretty steep hill!  Took us 2 1/2 hours to get it out because the hill was so steep and full of debris.  The guy who we had weigh the deer said he's seen hundreds of thousands of deer come across his scales (he's an older guy, probably in his 70's, who's been a butcher since he was a teenager) and has never seen a doe this big. 

-Zach

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #111 on: Dec 13, 2006, 10:01:46 AM »
zach is that the field dressed weight????
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline mcully

• Forked
« Reply #112 on: Dec 13, 2006, 10:55:18 AM »
Still two doe. Passed up a six and spike last Friday in the wind and snow. They were trailing a doe and I just had to see if a big boy was behind them. Passed me at 5 yards on the ground. I'll see what happens with the front loader.

Offline Corporal Punishment

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #113 on: Dec 14, 2006, 08:42:56 PM »
I buy the Super Sportsman license in NY,And I have a Muzzle Loader stamp but No muzzleloader...So I guess im done for the year..... :'(

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #114 on: Dec 17, 2006, 06:14:22 AM »
Yes Roy, that was field dressed weight.  What an unbelieveably big doe...I think my jaw hit the floor when I saw how big she was...Still trying to get him to give me a pic, or e-mail me one.

On another note, I shot a nice doe Friday night with the smokepole.   :) I'm not done yet though.  I checked the regs, and I can still use my regular season buck tag during muzzleloader...so I'm in it til the end!  My dad also shot a very nice doe on the final Friday of the season.  :) 

-Zach

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #115 on: Dec 18, 2006, 06:46:05 AM »
Damn tresspasser trashed my dad's hunting blind sometime during the week. The left the door unlatched and left their litter all over the floor. They also broke his swivel stool. I would love to catch who did it and kick his butt.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Dude

• Nubbie
« Reply #116 on: Dec 18, 2006, 04:27:39 PM »
Well guys I came up with a big fat goosegg this year.I knew if I passed up too many does during bow season it would come back to haunt me.I really did'nt see a whole lot of deer during gun season.
 Oh well, I'm ready for some ice and crow hunting!!

FrankM

« Reply #117 on: Dec 19, 2006, 11:02:50 AM »
Skunked for the second year in a row and I didn't pass up any shots.  I never pass up shot opportunities because they are too few and far between.  No shot opportunities at all during archery (saw several nice bucks too far away, saw very few does all too far, no spikes or forks)  and gun and muzzleloader seasons were dismal with few deer sighted at all. I still have PA flintlock season but that has historically been non productive.  Come on ice!

Offline griff

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #118 on: Dec 21, 2006, 01:15:46 PM »
Shot a 5 pointer the last day of muzzle loader
had a great year!!  I ended up with four

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal