Author Topic: Quick Land Question for the MHF guys on here.  (Read 6623 times)

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
Re: Quick Land Question for the MHF guys on here.
« Reply #45 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:02:42 PM »
See! You are the man Brace! Trust me, I know all about it. I missed a standout year of ball for it to kep it going without charging hunters. We based permission off character not wallets as it should be. Wouldn't change it for the world. Just glad to be brought up the right way. Having said that. It is what it is and if you pay taxes do what you want.......... :)

That offer was for SD - You'll need to pay cash ;)......
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #46 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:07:16 PM »
Because it is against the belifes of the MHF majority. Tough. I couldn't care less. I'm not a sheep.following the flock. I think for myself and that is what I think. Try it sometime.
Here is the problem you pointed out most on MHF and you couldn't care less. Show some respect that's the problem. Its fine to have your opinion and I respect that but don't turn it into a peeing match.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #47 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:07:42 PM »
Different areas have different circumstances...The area I live in was once a hunters paradise....State lands that held big bucks....big tracts of forested private lands that everyone was welcome to hunt(locals as it was)....Toms family owned 100 acres, and Their neighbors Joe and George had lands as well....They all hunted each others lands....either together or as separate groups....They worked together, prayed together, fought each other at times, hunted together,.....you get the picture.....Then others who wanted in on all this, just started going on lands they had no right or permission to be on....the state decided to go to a forever wild decree....no touching the land except walk through it.....That has in turn gone to a wasteland of mature forest with no food to support wildlife....most of which has caused deer and other wildlife to gravitate to populated areas...we cut trees and plant food.....Families lost their lands either to the richer, who could afford the taxes....or developers who just saw the land as a avenue to more money.....Those that still hold lands are leasing it to sportsman.....they know we all are competing for a place to go....see$$$ The state is even gone to buying large tracts of lands once leased to clubs by forestry companies....greed again....just want more public lands for people to come spend money to see.....So bottom line...do what you want with your lands....just know one thing....one day those lands will have all been depleted of resources.....Then where do we all go? Will we have lotteries to use lands? Will only those that have money be the only ones in the woods?.....Around here, most likely.....Hunting is a viable industry for some here.....just doesn't employ a bunch of people.....but does bring money into the area.....NYS DEC isn't really on board with the whole industry thing yet, like so many other DNR's are....we can't feed our wildlife when it has a bad winter....so if your lease has a bad one...why would you pay to go back there? Clubs around here have been fighting this every year....they feed, they pay the fines....costing more.....But some of the members aren't going to pay those large amounts and drop out...starting a slow death....like a deer starving to death with a pile of corn in front of it....so many places have it figured out....would be cool if more would actually take a look at it reasonably and try to emulate what works.....not all will work everywhere....OK I'm done rambling.....and no I don't drink either....just struggle to do what I enjoy with the resources available.... 8)

Offline NorthvilleNewbie

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #48 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:08:00 PM »
Back in the day (when I was a kid) all the neighboring owners had similar sized tracts of land, so it was no big deal to hunt others land.  Over the last few years people have started selling off their land in "camp lots" - It has increased the hunting pressure in the area dramatically.

OK. I see what you're saying. That seems in step with the Landowner who's letting me hunt his property, when I notified him that I looked at the tax map when careful not to trespass, he told me it was no big deal, because everyone around is pretty much loosey goosey about these boundries and permissions. He said it in a way that didnt make it sound like a free-for-all, but it sounded more like an agreement among all.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #49 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:14:06 PM »
You're welcome to hunt my 125 acres anytime you want..
Okay, I am going to shoot Brace's big bucks. ;D ;D

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #50 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:17:41 PM »
OK. I see what you're saying. That seems in step with the Landowner who's letting me hunt his property, when I notified him that I looked at the tax map when careful not to trespass, he told me it was no big deal, because everyone around is pretty much loosey goosey about these boundries and permissions. He said it in a way that didnt make it sound like a free-for-all, but it sounded more like an agreement among all.

It's a question of numbers -  When 50 people own the same amount of  land that was previously owned by 20 the hunting pressure will he increased

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #51 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:19:33 PM »
Okay, I am going to shoot Brace's big bucks. ;D ;D

I've failed msierably for a long time -  Good on ya if you're successful!!
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2012, 08:21:01 PM by brace »

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #52 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:21:47 PM »
Don't tempt this monstah. ;D ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #53 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:24:22 PM »

I think they spot the shorts long before you see them.... ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #54 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:25:24 PM »
I think they spot the shorts long before you see them.... ;D

Well, there is that....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal