Author Topic: Quick Land Question for the MHF guys on here.  (Read 6624 times)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Quick Land Question for the MHF guys on here.
« Reply #15 on: Sep 28, 2012, 06:35:50 PM »
I'm not saying they shouldn't have the ability to do it. I just don't agree with it. I like the way it is in New England. But hunting is turning into a business and once people realize that they can profit from a few deer on their land hunting becomes a rich mans game. I dunno. Just not a fan of the idea. But do what you want. Your gunna anyway.

Hmmm......... I honestly agree with this post 100% I don't get what ruffled some feathers? I personally grew up on a angus cow farm that went through hard times and we made bigger sacrifices instead of leasing? I am with Swamp on this one. Call it as you will, I came here originally for info and sharing the passion of the woods not for friends.............. This was not meant to offend anyone. Maybe it is a new england thing?
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2012, 06:36:38 PM by aquaassassin »
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #16 on: Sep 28, 2012, 06:45:44 PM »
Let me give you a little back ground on my situation because I think it's in need to understand my question/commit. Our hunting family has been lucky enough through what we own family and land we boarder to be able to hunt just over 800 acres that we do QDM on and it's working and working well. My question and commit is over on MFF someone made the commit that they stopped hunting because of people like us who charge people to hunt on our lands or use them. Is this wrong? We bought the land and pay taxes on it. I don't think it's wrong to ask someone to pay a small price to have access to our lands. I'm not trying to bash anyone or get into an argument with anyone I just wanted to see what other people thoughts were on this situation. I don't think people understand the trouble land owners go through to keep unwanted people off there property and how much it cost people to do so. I'd like to hear what other people on here think.

Thanks

OK.  Lets go back to this and reread it...    Does this make him/family a bad guy....   Not In My Opinion...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Sep 28, 2012, 06:48:19 PM »
Nope. How many acres and how much?
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #18 on: Sep 28, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »
Hmmm......... I honestly agree with this post 100% I don't get what ruffled some feathers? I personally grew up on a angus cow farm that went through hard times and we made bigger sacrifices instead of leasing? I am with Swamp on this one. Call it as you will, I came here originally for info and sharing the passion of the woods not for friends.............. This was not meant to offend anyone. Maybe it is a new england thing?

"A New England thing?"   Perhaps I just haven't lived here long enough to understand.....

Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #19 on: Sep 28, 2012, 06:48:58 PM »
Nope not at all.............. But it doesn't make Swampdonkey  a bad guy either is all I was getting at.............. He asked for a opinion and heard from both sides. There should be no enemy here?

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #20 on: Sep 28, 2012, 06:56:38 PM »

The problem is the last 2 sentences AA .....
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #21 on: Sep 28, 2012, 06:59:14 PM »
I've now read "it's a New England thing" twice - And it's complete BS.  I've spent a few days in Maine and I don't ever want anyone telling me what to do with my land.  If you want land to hunt, then I'd recommend you buy land ASAP - Or learn how to run a GPS and start hunting state land.  It's complete crap that anybody has the audacity to question how somebody else decides to use his/her land.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #22 on: Sep 28, 2012, 07:03:17 PM »
I didn't think he was questioning it at all, and you didn't ask. I wouldn't expect anyone to tell you either, unless you asked........... ? It comes down to would you want to pay to hunt or hunt for free? Seems simple to me having been there personally? I am done with this thread. If opinions were not wanted it should of read so without others jumping down others throats........... I have no hard feelings towards a soul on this and don't understand why others would back?  :-\
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2012, 07:04:20 PM by aquaassassin »

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #23 on: Sep 28, 2012, 07:09:42 PM »
If opinions were not wanted it should of read so without others jumping down others throats........... I have no hard feelings towards a soul on this and don't understand why others would back?  :-\

Only one post has been  confrontational  - The remainder strike me as reasonable dialogue.   
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2012, 07:12:19 PM by brace »

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #24 on: Sep 28, 2012, 07:12:08 PM »
Okay I will throw my hat into the ring. I at first agreed with Swampdonkey. I do think its ruining hunting in this country. But Landowners do have the choice to do what they do and I completely understand that. Maybe it's not like that in New England, I don't know that for certain. Mookster hit the nail on the head. I don't know whats wrong with Swampdonkey but his post lately have been offensive and abrasive. Take it for what you will AA and I mean that with respect.

I am very rough around the edges, very black and white. Cut and dry. It is always known where I stand. I worded my opinion as nicely as I possibly could to not offend anyone. What is so absolutist about what I wrote? Because it is against the belifes of the MHF majority. Tough. I couldn't care less. I'm not a sheep.following the flock. I think for myself and that is what I think. Try it sometime.
We were having a discussion and he wants to bash people. BTW Swampdonkey(aka Princess) a sheep has a herd not a flock. ;) Flock's are for birds. Might be some liquid courage involved.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #25 on: Sep 28, 2012, 07:12:42 PM »
Only one post has been an confrontational  - The remainder strike me as reasonable dialogue.

Just figured that was what opinions were, CONFRONTATIONAL? It is what it is I suppose...........  :-\

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #26 on: Sep 28, 2012, 07:13:55 PM »
Nope.........Different places have different traditions. It's common out where you folks are and in the south. We don't see it here......YET.....To be honest where I am it's hard to find a landowner with enough property to consider it.

I think most of the stereotype of the richmans sport is fed by the TV shows that are out there now. The old day's of "deer camp" in the woods for 2 weeks and maybe getting a buck are fast dying. Schedules just don't permit it and guy's want to up their odds if they only get a week to hunt. The deer population to the north is suffering with winter kill,loss of winter yards and the influx of Coyote's. I don't blame a guy for paying a lease if he can afford it. I would be willing to bet the same guy would buy a big chunk of land if he could afford that. We have more hunters than land now and not all of them are courteous and ethical. This screws us all. The world is shrinking, Liberal attitude is growing. That's what's ruining hunting as we knew it. Time's are changing and we need to adjust if we want to continue what we love.

And Frank......Didn't plan on makin friends huh?  ;D ;D ;D 
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #27 on: Sep 28, 2012, 07:14:29 PM »
Might be some liquid courage involved.

You drinking???  ;D

Offline Wolley

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Sep 28, 2012, 07:17:13 PM »
You drinking???  ;D

Haha have another one and check that flock definition.  ;D
wake up America www.infowars.com

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #29 on: Sep 28, 2012, 07:18:35 PM »
    And Frank......Didn't plan on makin friends huh?  ;D ;D ;D

How
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal