Author Topic: Apples and Acorns  (Read 4649 times)

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
Re: Apples and Acorns
« Reply #30 on: Jul 30, 2012, 04:33:36 PM »
Be careful with your tomatoes guys I heard blight is on its way north!!
I potted mine this year , doin good . Last 3 years blight has decimated me  :'(
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2012, 07:00:42 PM by mookie »
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #31 on: Jul 30, 2012, 06:37:32 PM »
Never heard of potted mint may have to try it next year....jk mookie.....I think the blight is airborne but not sure

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #32 on: Jul 30, 2012, 07:02:16 PM »
Never heard of potted mint may have to try it next year....jk mookie.....I think the blight is airborne but not sure
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D The fungus lives in the soil , becomes airborne when water splashes it , If you do get it combat it with a seeping hose , or pot em  :P :P
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #33 on: Jul 30, 2012, 07:07:16 PM »
I don't have a garden.....brad just bought a fungicide spray to combat the problem if it comes this way

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #34 on: Jul 31, 2012, 08:43:52 AM »
I was brush hogging again after jury duty yesterday. I saw one red oak LOADED with large acorns and at least two whites with tiny immature acorns that I doubt will catch up. Also had two fawns running around the pasture playing for a few minutes while cutting. And at dusk had two larger deer feeding 200yds away or so, looked like two small bucks.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #35 on: Aug 01, 2012, 06:29:54 PM »
Just mowed my lawn. Lots of acorns have fallen on the ground already. most are on the small side. I think the weather has really screwed up the oaks this year.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #36 on: Aug 01, 2012, 06:37:02 PM »
Our Apples are falling know ; Your right AdRroy this whole year has really missed thing up big time
never seen this before , No snow now this something is up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal