Author Topic: Still sporting bone  (Read 6491 times)

Offline 33Canuck

• 6 Pointer
Re: Still sporting bone
« Reply #45 on: Mar 30, 2012, 12:08:47 PM »
They were about 450 yards apart separated by 2 bean fields, I'm sure he dropped them the same night the forst one I found on the 27th of Feb and the match on the 23rd of March.  I had walked that block a bunch but from the downhill side and as you can see he dropped it next to the log.  Pooch didn't find them he and my other were out with me hiking, they occassionally find one but usually I see them first ;) The set picture doesn't do them justice they have serious mass, he will be a leg shaker this fall for sure I look forward to letting his air out ;D
Nothing beats the view through a peep!

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #46 on: Mar 30, 2012, 12:47:53 PM »
Nice matched set, he might have more "junk" this year, maybe even a droptine; cool buck.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #47 on: Mar 30, 2012, 07:53:06 PM »
hope you get a crack at him this fall ; Like to see your Knees buckle ; He sure will be a sweet heart  ;)

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #48 on: Apr 06, 2012, 06:18:53 AM »
My wife was looking out the kitchen window about 10 minutes ago and spotted a buck. It was approx. 300 yards  out in a field. It appeared to be  6 pointer and the rack was quite white. April 6th how about that,still had both sides too.
Peddler
Peddler

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #49 on: Apr 06, 2012, 07:23:04 AM »
My wife was looking out the kitchen window about 10 minutes ago and spotted a buck. It was approx. 300 yards  out in a field. It appeared to be  6 pointer and the rack was quite white. April 6th how about that,still had both sides too.
Peddler

thats amazing, itd be cool if us northern zone ny guys got a chance at some velvet, but I wont hold my breath, antlers can grow quick, especially with the feed theyve had all winter and should have this summer
Take a Kid outside...

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #50 on: Apr 06, 2012, 07:28:43 AM »
Saw 2 last weekend with NEW bone. Just starting to show. They did have a good winter around here....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #51 on: Apr 06, 2012, 07:33:37 AM »
Saw 2 last weekend with NEW bone. Just starting to show. They did have a good winter around here....hunts2long

already??? this is going to be a weird year, prob see some huuge jumps as far as inches of antler are concerned
Take a Kid outside...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal