Author Topic: How's everyone doing?  (Read 25637 times)

Offline Dr. IceGeek

• Forked
Re: How's everyone doing?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 02, 2005, 07:25:47 PM »
Hopefully I'll get out this weekend.  I would like to fill a doe tag with my bow before the season ends.

Offline Fishboy899

• Spiked
  • Nothing better than bow season!
« Reply #31 on: Nov 02, 2005, 07:39:09 PM »
Im hunting all new land this year so I'm still figuring the deer out.  Ive seen 5 doe so far this year a spike and a 6-point that wouldnt give me a shot with the bow.  I see at least 15 turkeys every morning and afternoon Im out.  Hopefully this weekend I'll see the big 8 I have on the trail camera.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #32 on: Nov 04, 2005, 06:44:26 AM »
Ok, I've never had this problem before. Since I've shot my 8-pointer during early muzzlelozder I've been trying to fill the "doe" tag of the archery/muzzleoader tags. I have been going to a stand I have on a state forest 5 minutes from my house after work for an hour or two to try and get a doe. Here's my problem. I've only seen 1 doe from the stand. Every thing else has been a buck. I have watched a 8- pointer, a spike horn, and now yesterday afternoon I had a 6 pointer with a funky bent right main beam walk by my stand. Its funny how when your buck hunting you see nothing but does but I've never been doe hunting and seen nothing but bucks. I got back to my car last night and a spike horn crosses the road 50 feet from me. They're taunting me!!!! >:(
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #33 on: Nov 04, 2005, 11:53:01 AM »
Looks like good weather out there this weekend. Hope everybody has a nice and sucessful hunt!
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Dr. IceGeek

• Forked
« Reply #34 on: Nov 04, 2005, 02:21:53 PM »
ADKROY,
   I filled my buck tag and guess what...I've only seen one doe since then and she was out beyond bow range.  I've since seen a nice 6 point and a 4 point within bow range.  Hopefully I can bag a doe tommorrow or sunday, although the weather looks kind of rainy here.  I'll still shoot in the rain, and have never lost one during the rain...I just make sure that I will only shoot inside of 15 yards so I can be confident I'll get a double lung passthrough and I am also very picky about my shots in the rain.

Offline The Smokestick Kid

• 6 Pointer
  • When the hammer drops, the B.S. stops!
« Reply #35 on: Nov 06, 2005, 07:38:18 PM »
Damn Roy, where in the Adirondacks are you? I have yet to see a deer PERIOD.....I bumped one out the other night, and heard one a little ways off, but that's it. And I can ONLY kill a buck up here right now....I'd kill to be seeing bucks.

-Zach

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #36 on: Nov 07, 2005, 06:29:06 AM »
Actually zach I live just outside the adirondacks now. I've been hunting on state land after work to give my family's farm a rest during the week. The deer are hitting the acorns big time. I did see 2 fishers minutes apart which is amazing for this area. I also tried to fill my turkey tags on sunday because it was so warm and ended up empty handed :'(

Offline The Smokestick Kid

• 6 Pointer
  • When the hammer drops, the B.S. stops!
« Reply #37 on: Nov 07, 2005, 08:23:26 AM »
Do you live north or south of the park? I hunt a few pieces of stateland just south of the park quite a bit (Penn Mountain and Hogsback)....saw some nice deer in there.

-Zach

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #38 on: Nov 07, 2005, 11:18:31 AM »
South of the park in Montgomery county. We have quite a bit of state land here. Also I am only 20 minutes from the park.

Offline Robb

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #39 on: Nov 08, 2005, 07:43:07 AM »
South of the park in Montgomery county. We have quite a bit of state land here. Also I am only 20 minutes from the park.

Hey Roy,

Where in Montgomery county do you live? I live just up the road in Johnstown (fulton county). I hunt down in Charleston state forest on occasion.

Robb
2010 ADK 14 PT

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #40 on: Nov 08, 2005, 08:05:07 AM »
I live in Glen. I hunt charleston after work or when I have already taken a buck and am trying to get a doe. I hunt a lot of small game on Charleston.

Offline Robb

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #41 on: Nov 08, 2005, 08:15:13 AM »
No kidding! My sister used to live on Hyney hill road, that was a long time ago though, amazing how things have changed down there. I also hunt near Speculator and Caroga Lake in the northern zone.

Robb
2010 ADK 14 PT

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #42 on: Nov 08, 2005, 09:38:32 AM »
Nothern zone I hunt near wells and Have permission to hunt french mt in Lake George. My girlfriends family has a camp in the green lake/canada lake area.

Offline Robb

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #43 on: Nov 08, 2005, 12:51:09 PM »
Nice! I have a camp in Caroga Lake right down the road from Green/Canada lakes. It's nice to live so close to both hunting zones (north/south) lot's of opportunities.

Robb
2010 ADK 14 PT

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #44 on: Nov 10, 2005, 03:12:04 PM »
AHHHH!!!!!! 3-day weekend here I come. Last weekend to get a deer with a bow boys and girls before the big free-for-all. Good luck to everyone.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal