Author Topic: NY V.S. NE Hunting Challenge!!!!!!  (Read 10552 times)

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
Re: State V.S. State Hunting Challenge!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2011, 07:32:53 AM »
I was going to make it fun and enjoyable for everyone you wont need to kill one to win. For starters I was thinking of drawing teams and putting a cap on the amount of deer that can be entered per person(Probably 3 1 buck and 2 does). That way someone isnt entering 8 deer when other states only allow you to kill 3 or 4. Maybe even bonus point's for archery kills.

how many bonus points for rock kills?
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2011, 07:35:01 AM »
how many bonus points for rock kills?
They have to go into a separate category or else it wouldnt be fair. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Zorros Shack

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2011, 02:10:44 PM »
I was going to make it fun and enjoyable for everyone you wont need to kill one to win. For starters I was thinking of drawing teams and putting a cap on the amount of deer that can be entered per person(Probably 3 1 buck and 2 does). That way someone isnt entering 8 deer when other states only allow you to kill 3 or 4. Maybe even bonus point's for archery kills.

That sound like a good idea have to work on it.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2011, 02:28:02 PM »
Drobs is all over it... ;D ;D   Like me on his avitars... :o
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2011, 02:44:10 PM »
OH does he have a new one???? I hadn't noticed... :o

Offline Zorros Shack

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Jan 29, 2011, 05:46:55 PM »
Yah I noticed that when I come here its a new one!

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #21 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:00:10 AM »
Going to take some thinking and hard work ,but I know it will work,Even if we split NY and have an Eastern and Western,also see how many hunter are here from Maine-and equilize the team-----lets put some heads together and get it going..

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #22 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:18:04 AM »
The way Drobs had it figured out it would be a a site challenge , not state by state...    Put all the guys names in a hat and draw 3 man teams...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:26:03 AM »
Well just for Poops and Laughs...

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #24 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:34:23 AM »
The way Drobs had it figured out it would be a a site challenge , not state by state...    Put all the guys names in a hat and draw 3 man teams...

Thats pretty close. For it to work I think we will have to combine people from other state together. New York the most members on this site. I also think we will have to have bigger teams than 3 man team. There would be to many ties with only 3 on a team. With the site as big as it is we will need people to help run it. Lets face it we all have lives outside of this site. If we all put our head together I am sure we can come up with a deer contest that will be fun for all.

My intention was not to interupt the North South challenge or any work Joe Sang has done the last 2 years. I realize you guys have fun enjoying and in state challenge.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #25 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:39:40 AM »
Meant to add originally Zorros Shack sent me a pm. He seems determined on putting something togther for next season. I am sure he will chime in with some thought/suggestions.

Offline Zorros Shack

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:57:34 AM »
We should because of NY's number hunters and deer killing abilitys it will now be New York VS New England!!!!! Like Drobs said there are possibly more guys on here from NY than NE. So I will go and notify other NE states and will go from that.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #27 on: Jan 30, 2011, 09:03:32 AM »
We should because of NY's number hunters and deer killing abilitys it will now be New York VS New England!!!!! Like Drobs said there are possibly more guys on here from NY than NE. So I will go and notify other NE states and will go from that.
Dont forget ZS we have members on here out west and in Canada that maybe interested as well. I think if we do this let it open to everyone. 

Offline gump

• 6 Pointer
Re: NY V.S. NE Hunting Challenge!!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 30, 2011, 03:00:05 PM »
SUGGESTION:

Inevitably there is going to be an uneven amount of hunters....perhaps significant difference in the two teams.  To compensate for that why not have the challenge be the best hunting average?  In other words, the scoring would be the same, points for a deer and also extra points for bucks.  The teams total number of points would then be divided into the teams total number of hunters, to create a 'points per hunter' average similar to batting average in baseball.  I think this would makes things 'even steven'.  Under this system, individual states that want to participate with less hunters could do so fairly and we could realistically have a multi-state challenge

Offline Zorros Shack

• 6 Pointer
Re: NY V.S. NE Hunting Challenge!!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 30, 2011, 04:56:04 PM »
Drobs I'm not sure how we can do US and Canada or just US against NY.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal