Author Topic: state land  (Read 1166 times)

Offline WNYnortherner

• Fawn
state land
« on: Nov 10, 2010, 02:32:44 PM »
I am new to western ny and am looking for a safe place to hunt the southern tier? I live in depew and am willing to travel within half hr forty five minutes. I am looking for a place i can just go and sit for a few hours before sunset. I hunt the northern zone but didnt fill my tag this year. Any help would be appreciated or if anyone wouldnt mind having someone tag along let me know

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: state land
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2010, 04:28:30 AM »
Welcome to the site WNYnortherner..  I dont know anything about southern New York but there has to be some good state land down there...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

FrankM

« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2010, 08:50:57 AM »
The closest state land to Depew is Darien Lakes State Park which is east of you in Genesee County.  I'm pretty sure they allow hunting there.  If you are willing to drive an hour or so you can get to more state land.  There is quite a bit in Cattaraugus County. Boyce Hill, Bear Creek, Bryant Hill, Mc Carty Hill State Forests.  In Allegany County you have Lost Nation, Rush Creek, Crab Hollow State Forests plus Hanging Bog.  Check the DEC website under places to hunt.  There is a lot of state land in region 9.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2010, 08:59:28 AM »
Try the DEC's interactive map. Doesn't look like a lot there, but you might find something worth checking out.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/45415.html

Offline adkbrookie

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2010, 09:09:57 AM »
There's a file on the DEC website that you can download and use in google earth that highlights the state land.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal