Author Topic: missed shot support group  (Read 5381 times)

Offline dan_lais

• 6 Pointer
  • can't wait for May 1st!!!
Re: missed shot support group
« Reply #45 on: Nov 05, 2010, 01:15:57 PM »
thanks for the kind words upstatehunter my dad will be here in 20 mins then its back on stand for me till dark.boy oh boy do i hope he comes in again.just one more chance i want at him ONE MORE!!!!!

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!!!!!!!!

Offline THEOZON

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #46 on: Nov 05, 2010, 01:23:50 PM »
Don't look at the deer. Just the spot you want your arrow to go.

USE WHAT YA GOT TO GET WHAT YA NEED !

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #47 on: Nov 06, 2010, 12:49:04 PM »
My buddy missed the same buck twice this morning. First shot went over its back, the second nicked a small banch and went who knows where. he was pretty bummed but it was also his first time out this season.

Offline adkbrookie

• Forked
« Reply #48 on: Nov 06, 2010, 08:40:29 PM »
how about getting busted on the draw for a chip shot >:(... I've been seeing plenty of deer recently but none even close to being in range, until this evening. 2.5 yr old 4 (or 6 if it had browtines, I only concentrate on the kill once I decide to take the deer, can get a better look once it is dead) snuck in on me. Came in how I wasn't expecting anything to come, got everything lined up great even though I wasn't ready. But it didn't matter. He was quartered away feeding at 13 yrds and turned his head so his body blocked his view of me. He caught my movement(moved his head and I was no longer blocked form his view) just as I finished drawing... Think the fancy new coat is too noisy for bow, sound might have made him turn his head and glance, guess I'm going back to layering and a long sleeve cotton t shirt. Just gotta keep telling myself "keep it simple stupid..." The worst part is the freezer is empty and I just don't have much time to hunt. Getting that deer would have been great even though the drag would've been 1.6 miles by myself as the crow flies. Also makes part of me wish that crossbows were legal, thus removing what I consider to be the hardest part of bowhunting (the draw) from the equation. But then there'd probably be more guys in the woods so I might not have even seen a deer this evening...

halfrack33

« Reply #49 on: Nov 06, 2010, 08:57:13 PM »
Wow, this place actually makes me feel better. All I've done the last few days is blab about the big buck I've missed. Glad I'm not alone. Worste feeling in the world. Been hunting this guy for 2 years, he came out at 5:00 thursday night, i waited for a clean shot and finally took it. He dropped, and kicked and kicked, then stopped. He was in a little gut so all I could see was feet so didn't fire again. Put the gone down once he stopped kicking, look out the blind window and he's up, jumps over a high log, and runs uphill. Very little blood, and after 17 total hours of looking... nothing. Consensus says I hit him high and he's still out there. I feel terrible but it was the most amazing experience of my life seeing some creature like that in the woods. He's not enormous, but to me he is. My journal has the entire depressing story.

Here he was last year...

And again this year...

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #50 on: Nov 06, 2010, 09:04:09 PM »
Hey guys, your getting to experience the extreme rush of a deer in front of you. Your getting chances at killing them. Your seeing deer.
I'm going on two years seeing three tails, and a doe with twin fawns at 50 yards running like heck with the bow. Enjoy the time you have to be out there
and keep trying. It will happen, it's happened before.
I'll be pulling for you the next opportunity you get.

Offline gunner

• Forked
« Reply #51 on: Nov 12, 2010, 08:32:21 AM »
I guess that's why they call it hunting!! :'(   Saw one Wed. afternoon--but I  was watching a grouse,so when I turned back to the left was  only able to grunt it to a stop--couldn't make it come back to a shooting lane.  Go out Thurs. late afternoon, saw a very nice doe--wait and wait ---She is walking a nice pace.  Walks behind the tree and I draw back---it decides it wants to rest. (I'm sure it was only like 20 seconds--but I started to think How Much Longer!!!  She steps to the shooting lane and I sail one over her back. I STINK !!!!  Gunner

Offline ragethroughcage

• Nubbie
« Reply #52 on: Nov 21, 2010, 06:55:21 PM »

This isn't the deer that I missed opening day(a little smaller) but for my first ever deer with the bow I'll take him. Hit him at 30yds and he only ran 37yds and dropped dead!!

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #53 on: Nov 22, 2010, 08:36:19 PM »
Great deer!! Congrats on your first bow buck!! Hope there are many more for ya!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal