Author Topic: missed shot support group  (Read 5379 times)

Offline ragethroughcage

• Nubbie
missed shot support group
« on: Oct 20, 2010, 12:05:52 PM »
anyone out there know a good one ... i shot underneath an 8pt opening evening and have had trouble sleeping and eating since. what's the best way any body knows to get over a 32yd broadside miss :'( :'( >:( >:( :o :o

Offline BIG NINE!!!

• 6 Pointer
Re: missed shot support group
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2010, 12:10:40 PM »
Rage,
Be happy that you missed and didn't stick him in the A$$. You haven't felt anything compared to that. Not only have you wounded and eventually killed that buck, you are never going to get another crack at him.
You my friend at least have a chance to redeem yourself with this buck. Get back out there, the best therapy you can have is redemption, with this buck or his twin brother. Don't dwell on it, if your not in the woods you can't make things right.
Good luck!!!
Later,
BIG NINE!!!

Offline iceplank

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2010, 12:11:18 PM »
get out and hunt again!!!i have seen the good ole boys who hunt on"primtime " or "primos" shows wiff several times in 2 days. SWING AWAY!!!! ::) ;D :o ;)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2010, 12:12:22 PM »
Forget about the miss it happens to everyone that bow hunts long enough. I always shoot my bow afterwards and get my confidence back up. Now go redeem yourself and kill hill. Good luck to you.

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2010, 12:14:41 PM »
Get right back in the saddle !!!! Like Big Nine said, at least you didn;t wound him. So he he might be a little skittish for a few days but at least he's still alive for you.

Offline ragethroughcage

• Nubbie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2010, 01:06:18 PM »
thanks guys i've given that spot a few days rest and i have the day off tommorow and am palnning on going back ... my buddy saw that buck this morning in almost the same place so hopefully i'll get another shot at him

Offline BIG NINE!!!

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2010, 01:10:04 PM »
AWESOME! Feeling better already aren't ya!!!
Later,
BIG NINE!!!

Offline howesfc

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2010, 05:07:07 PM »
anyone out there know a good one ... i shot underneath an 8pt opening evening and have had trouble sleeping and eating since. what's the best way any body knows to get over a 32yd broadside miss :'( :'( >:( >:( :o :o

I missed a 8 pt in the morning on the Southern opener shot under 30 yds broad side open lanes had all day to shoot! :'(
Saturday evening went low and took a quick shot and killed a 4 point! ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2010, 05:08:39 PM by howesfc »
I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier. 11B40 Scout NYARNG RET.

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2010, 06:25:30 PM »
not to Long ago i had a monster 10 point right infront of me,I knew it was a Big one with fresh tracks and rubs every 100 feet,,fought with another buck in fresh snow--
there it was 15 yards infront of me---I paused to check out the rack for 2 seconds,the buck jumped over a small rock outcrop and all I seen wa sit running away 100 yards away then---that was just a short while ago---------
that was in 1975-----does that bother me----------------------YES--EVERYDAY------------------------------------------

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2010, 06:36:09 PM »
If someone who has hunted over 10 years tells you they have never missed. Don't believe another word they say, or they are a really bad hunter.
I've known hundreds of hunters, had a lot of students go through the bow course that wanted to keep in touch call me with misses. Everyone does,
will, and some will a lot!! I missed quite a few in my first 10 years after shooting my first buck at 16. My son missed 13 times one season with his bow.
Five of them were bucks........ :o
Go back out there and get another chance. You won't miss them all!!!

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Spiked
« Reply #10 on: Oct 20, 2010, 06:43:41 PM »
Yeah, miss one at 31 yrds. or less broadside   :o ::)  ;D

Offline griff

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Oct 20, 2010, 07:01:11 PM »
Last year I missed a NICE 2.5 year old 8 pointer at 20 yards broadside. I sat in my tree thinking about it and wondering, how in the H**L did I miss such an easy shot?  15 minute later a 3 pointer came along and I took my time. He when 5 feet after the shot and fell over.
We ALL miss and learn from our mistakes. Now get back out there and stick one!!

Offline howesfc

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Oct 20, 2010, 07:26:53 PM »
not to Long ago i had a monster 10 point right infront of me,I knew it was a Big one with fresh tracks and rubs every 100 feet,,fought with another buck in fresh snow--
there it was 15 yards infront of me---I paused to check out the rack for 2 seconds,the buck jumped over a small rock outcrop and all I seen wa sit running away 100 yards away then---that was just a short while ago---------
that was in 1975-----does that bother me----------------------YES--EVERYDAY------------------------------------------

1975 thats the year I graduated and went into the ARMY! :o
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2010, 07:29:05 PM by howesfc »
I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier. 11B40 Scout NYARNG RET.

Offline marcus

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Oct 20, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »
I have shot one arrow in my very short hunting "career" it was a miss about 25 yards broadside standing  on the ground wide open shot :o    I then checked my bow , and although I am no champion archer i should have hit it. Nerves can be very mysterious. It wont happen again .  Get back out there some blood in the truck and you will forget it ever happened. A couple of my friends who are very good shots have missed on some serious deer it happens to all from what I understand. The fact that I had deer that close is enough to get me back out there.

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
« Reply #14 on: Oct 20, 2010, 07:47:43 PM »

There are 2 types of shots I'm fine with.  Clean kill and clean miss.  Don't lose sleep over it.  I'm sure that God nudged your arm when you hit the release so you could miss that 8 point, because he has a 10 point B&C in mind for you to stick!  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal