Author Topic: 2010 North - South Challenge-----IS OVER------------------------  (Read 200427 times)

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
Re: 2010 NORTH / SOUTH KILL PAGE and POINTS
« Reply #1230 on: Dec 21, 2010, 04:06:24 PM »
OK--we are just waiting for any kills in the last few day of season---------
If any Judges have any problems with any deer that have been listed--NOW is the time to talk them over with eachother and PM the results---------
---------------I have listed all the deer that have been killed lately in the score since I've had no protest on any of them---
------------------------------------------------Total Results will be in by Thursday Evening----------------------

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #1231 on: Dec 21, 2010, 04:40:43 PM »
Congrats to everyone who was successful this season. I am good with the entries joe.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #1232 on: Dec 21, 2010, 04:50:44 PM »
A bunch of great deer this season.. CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE...  Glad I was able to contribute this year...I walked the property this after noon and saw nothing and just before dark the little six was out here under the apple trees...  Hes lucky....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #1233 on: Dec 21, 2010, 04:54:22 PM »
He'll be bigger next year Raq. I was laid up on the couch today....trying to fight this dang cold. Oh well there is next year.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #1234 on: Dec 21, 2010, 05:25:09 PM »
Congrats to everyone...I had a lot of fun this year...can't get any closer than that...
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #1235 on: Dec 21, 2010, 06:43:05 PM »
Yup Congrats to everyone. Had fun. Can't wait til next yr! Time to finish out the goose season then get the ice fishin gear out. And can't forget small game huntin and shed hunting. Then holy crap it's MHF spring turkey contest already!!

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #1236 on: Dec 21, 2010, 08:30:24 PM »
Then holy crap it's MHF spring turkey contest already!!
I was just thinking about that the other day.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #1237 on: Dec 21, 2010, 08:42:29 PM »
I never entered in the turkey contest, maybe I will this year. I'll miss a week of turkey for our annual QC walleye trip this spring.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #1238 on: Dec 21, 2010, 09:01:52 PM »
I thought you had entered before. I am going to start signups in Feb.

Offline bbbletchworth

• Forked
  • BBB Club Inc.
« Reply #1239 on: Dec 21, 2010, 09:31:14 PM »
Was curious a few guys I work with Hunt Letch, I use to but gave up on state land decided to knock on doors and get private ground.  Congrats.  Just curious though if you hunt Letchworth how do you score points for the North?
Well Canuck if you must know. - I have lived in the southern zone of ny all my life, however ever since I have been old enough to walk in the woods, my grandfather and a few of his buddies started a hunting camp in the southern foothills of the Adrndcks. (In the 40s) Anyhow, it became a family and friend (joe snag, buckfish, bbbvet and bbbnorthbound are all members) (bbbvet and bbbnorthbound are my brothers) owned camp and my father brought myself and two brothers as much as he could. We have been hunting the 'Dacks' ever since. To be honest with you I would rather hunt in the dacks than anywhere in the state. I love big woods and learning the 'country'. Its a good feeling to be 5,6,7... miles back in the woods and know exactly where you are. Plus I have always said a spike horn in the dacks is better than a ten point in Letchworth. I just wish the population would come back in teh dacks like it used to be. Our camp actually had a great year this year. Anyway, that is the reason I hunt for the north. I am a northern hunter that lives in the south zone, and $ doesn't allow me to get to camp every weekend fot northern hunting so I have to pass the time somehow.
Plus I see more deer in 3 hours at Letchworth than I do the whole season up north. :) But nothing beats seeing an Adirondack buck walking/running by....
Up North! - On a quiet night you can hear the deer laughing....

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #1240 on: Dec 22, 2010, 04:18:31 AM »
exactly bbb

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #1241 on: Dec 22, 2010, 05:52:37 AM »
My story is very similar bbb...however substitute the dacks for the Tug Hill, I livein Southerntier but I'm less than a 1/2 mile from the Northerntier line...my family has hunted at our camp in the Tug Hill since the 50's and thats where I learned "the woods", cross the wrong creek or one wrong turn and you are spending the night in the woods...great place to learn this great past time...
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline 33Canuck

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #1242 on: Dec 22, 2010, 06:56:33 AM »
Well Canuck if you must know. - I have lived in the southern zone of ny all my life, however ever since I have been old enough to walk in the woods, my grandfather and a few of his buddies started a hunting camp in the southern foothills of the Adrndcks. (In the 40s) Anyhow, it became a family and friend (joe snag, buckfish, bbbvet and bbbnorthbound are all members) (bbbvet and bbbnorthbound are my brothers) owned camp and my father brought myself and two brothers as much as he could. We have been hunting the 'Dacks' ever since. To be honest with you I would rather hunt in the dacks than anywhere in the state. I love big woods and learning the 'country'. Its a good feeling to be 5,6,7... miles back in the woods and know exactly where you are. Plus I have always said a spike horn in the dacks is better than a ten point in Letchworth. I just wish the population would come back in teh dacks like it used to be. Our camp actually had a great year this year. Anyway, that is the reason I hunt for the north. I am a northern hunter that lives in the south zone, and $ doesn't allow me to get to camp every weekend fot northern hunting so I have to pass the time somehow.
Plus I see more deer in 3 hours at Letchworth than I do the whole season up north. :) But nothing beats seeing an Adirondack buck walking/running by....

So technically your a south guy.  I grew up in the northern DACKs and hunt there every year and love it to death and totally agree with everything you said I have climbed mountain after mountain and claimed a few ADK trophies along the way.  I'm not sure I would trade it for the deer rich south and the monsters that run around down here but both have their own bonus's and no matter the terrain I just enjoy the hunt. 8)
Nothing beats the view through a peep!

Offline BigBuckTaker16

• 6 Pointer
  • It must be the "hat"
« Reply #1243 on: Dec 22, 2010, 09:02:01 PM »
Took me a while to post, and unfortunately my iphone crapped the bed on me, and I lost my pictures :( But I still have a few that will count if its not too late.
I snapped this one off my moms digital camera so it would count.

Heres one bullet that ended up coming out of its neck backwards when it was shot broadside with a 50 cal LOL.

Then 8 more points that aren't going to count because my phone died off.
Iceshanty= AirManCam

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #1244 on: Dec 23, 2010, 05:43:09 AM »
Great kills there----Lots of meat------
right now the only the second photo looks good------for 2 points

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal