Author Topic: BAITING  (Read 2489 times)

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
BAITING
« on: Sep 27, 2010, 07:35:01 AM »

I know it is illeagle to bait deer & bear so how can a sport shop sell c'mere deer products? I was in a sport shop yesterday & they had stuff on the shelf, also I thought your weren't allowed to feed deer or bear either.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: BAITING
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2010, 07:59:22 AM »
           I know it is illeagle to bait deer & bear so how can a sport shop sell c'mere deer products? I was in a sport shop yesterday & they had stuff on the shelf, also I thought your weren't allowed to feed deer or bear either.

As for the c'mere deer it does not work on deer so that's probably why they sell it. ;D ;D The other stuff sounds like entrapment to me.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2010, 09:08:11 AM »
In NY you can bait bear up till 9 days before the season opens.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

FrankM

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2010, 09:14:32 AM »
It may be illegal to use it but not illegal to sell it.

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2010, 09:19:06 AM »
As for the c'mere deer it does not work on deer so that's probably why they sell it. ;D ;D The other stuff sounds like entrapment to me.
Have you tried it Drobs?

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2010, 09:29:56 AM »
In NY you can bait bear up till 9 days before the season opens.

Don't want to see anyone get in trouble. ;) From DEC:

187.1 Black bear feeding.

(a) "Purpose." The purpose of this section is to protect public safety while conserving New York's black bear populations. The deliberate, intentional feeding of black bears is prohibited. The incidental, indirect feeding of black bears becomes unlawful once a written warning has been issued by the department.

Link: http://www.dec.ny.gov/regulations/64604.html
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2010, 09:46:44 AM »
Good post Captain!! I was on the way to look for it until I got to yours. Yup guys even your bird feeder is illegal if it attracts
bears and they have a problem with them.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2010, 10:30:13 AM »
Interesting, there was an article in the paper saying you could bait until 9 days before the seasonl. hmm....
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2010, 10:33:39 AM »
Interesting, there was an article in the paper saying you could bait until 9 days before the seasonl. hmm....

After further research I see where I made my mistake.  I was confusing the bear tracking with dogs with bear baiting. My bad.

(i) A black bear tracking dog license issued by the department entitles the licensee to train and use certified black bear tracking dogs to track, trail, pursue and tree black bears from July 1 until nine days before the opening of any bear hunting season in the wildlife management unit where certified black bear tracking dogs are being used. The licensee must also possess a current license authorizing him or her to hunt black bear in New York. A licensee may also assist with controlling damage caused by black bears as provided in subdivision (e) of this section.

Offline nyspike

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2010, 12:14:27 PM »
Good post Captain!! I was on the way to look for it until I got to yours. Yup guys even your bird feeder is illegal if it attracts
bears and they have a problem with them.
yup, my friend owns an apartment complex and the bears were getting into his dumpster, so he called dec and they told him to put an electric fence around it, and if he didnt he would be ticketed for feeding bears
nypike on IS and MFF

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2010, 04:48:47 PM »
Have you tried it Drobs?

Unfortunately yes. Watched deer walk right around it. ???

Offline fatman

• 6 Pointer
  • Always Expect The Unexpected
« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2010, 07:27:51 PM »
Unfortunately yes. Watched deer walk right around it. ???
It works on TV. :D
No matter how big a deer is. You can only put a little piece on your fork at a time.

Offline NateHuntNY

• Spiked
« Reply #12 on: Sep 27, 2010, 09:09:54 PM »
It works on TV. :D

everything works on tv ;D
PETA= People Eating Tasty Animals

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal