Author Topic: Quick stupid question  (Read 1503 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Quick stupid question
« on: Sep 22, 2010, 10:56:08 AM »
What color is everyones DECAL this season?? They issued me the same color as last year...?????

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
Re: Quick stupid question
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2010, 10:59:38 AM »
As of Aug 1st all licences are supposed to be printed on yellow paper, per DEC.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2010, 11:16:08 AM »
Thats what I thought. Called the agent and he said he wasn't issued a new color this year. But checked with the web site and by the book they show yellow.

FrankM

« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2010, 11:21:40 AM »
That's why I have been ordering my licenses on line ever since it became possible to do so.  I had too many screwups with doe permits(landowners) dealing with the town clerk.  Issuing licenses is far too complex a task for town clerks and sporting goods store employees.

Offline Cheeks13

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2010, 01:28:59 PM »
I'd call the DEC and find out if it is still legal on the wrong color paper. Cheeks out!!! 8)
"You see it your way... I see it the way it is."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2010, 06:05:46 PM »
Thanks Cheeks....did just that after talking to the agent. They said it is perfectly legal. Only trouble I may have is hunting in the south with having the backtag visible.
ECO would see the wrong color and check me, where they might just let you go seeing the yellow one.
All they may do is look funny for a second until reading the dates and hearing my explanation.

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #6 on: Sep 22, 2010, 06:50:44 PM »
I was going to Post something like that too-----
I just bought a bow license for 2009-2010,,it's good for 4 days------I didn't have to buy one ,,I have a lastyears Mzl,Bow tag---but i just took my bow course and got 2010-2011 license----but for the 4 days I wanted to hunt leaglely----so for 21 bucks --thats like 2 bucks an hour for me---better than $1000.oo fine ,loosing your license for 5 years and getting your name in the paper as a criminal-----------and MY TAG for Sept.2010----is YELLOW---Yeller-----
ps---if I do shoot a deer in that time I will scan my tag---

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Sep 23, 2010, 08:24:31 AM »
When I was talking to the person at DEC, the regional office, they admitted they need to have a better system for getting the right color Decals
to the agents. Plus a better understanding of the agents how to change the DECAL paper in their printers. ::) Some just refuse to change it until it runs out.
The local agent where I got mine said he found the notice buried under a pile of paperwork.  :o  The agents just don't make enough to really care about
it much. Took this guy six years to pay for the computer and printer needed to sell them. If he didn't need it for fishing licenses for his outfitter business
he wouldn't have it.

Offline howesfc

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 24, 2010, 08:30:38 PM »
I was in line at Walmart and people were useing there secound pick on areas where there was no choice! :o
I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier. 11B40 Scout NYARNG RET.

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Sep 26, 2010, 06:15:33 PM »
Is there a way to find out what is still available for doe permits.

Offline howesfc

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Sep 26, 2010, 06:31:52 PM »
I dont belive so,but some times if you get turned down they will send you one after 1 Oct.
I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier. 11B40 Scout NYARNG RET.

Offline Corporal Punishment

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Sep 26, 2010, 06:53:58 PM »
I'd call the DEC and find out if it is still legal on the wrong color paper. Cheeks out!!! 8)

Might be a problem entering a green tagged deer in the Contest as well!!!!!! :o

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal