Author Topic: who got permits this year  (Read 14326 times)

Offline deerslayer92163

• Forked
Re: who got permits this year
« Reply #15 on: Sep 17, 2005, 09:20:28 AM »
they will post areas online takes a little searching to find them but they said if theres a significant amount left

Offline bird dog

• Spiked
« Reply #16 on: Sep 19, 2005, 01:30:20 PM »
Everyone that I know of so far has received as many permits as they requested. Me my wife, father, and brother all got both of our tags. We have a large herd in our area, way too many doe for the forage base in our area. 8H-8N. Good luck to all and be safe.

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Sep 20, 2005, 01:53:51 PM »
Yea I got one for 8W (near the in-laws) but I live in 5N which is locked out :'(. Have some traveling to do to fill it

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #18 on: Sep 20, 2005, 02:12:32 PM »
Almost impossible to get one in my zone 4A without being a land owner or having 3 prefernce points.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline millermankt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Sep 20, 2005, 11:07:23 PM »
I got 1 for 9w (belfast area,Allegany Co.) I'm the only one of 5 guys to get one. Friends of mine hunt in rexville (stuben Co.) 2 in 9 guys got one. I'm hearing of guys all over the place getting turned down.  I think the D.E.C. totally screwed this thing up. I'm not bashing everything they do. How do you go from giving people 3-4 permits to saying 1 in 3 will get one. I'm also not a fan of the Sat opener. This is only my opinion ! Unforfunatly To me this is typical New York State...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE ALLMIGHTY DOLLAR !!!!!!! Sorry if I offend anyone...like I said,This is only my opinion!

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Sep 21, 2005, 10:30:39 AM »
I think saturday opener is a great thing. I can finally hunt opening day. It is hard to take off for opening day when you teach.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Oct 17, 2005, 12:55:36 PM »
I think saturday opener is a great thing.

I don't like it, but that's just me. It means more yahoos in the woods.

I received both of my DMPs, one in in 8h and one in and 9h.
Lucky, I guess it's just where I live...
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Oct 17, 2005, 04:25:45 PM »
2 in 8J.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Oct 17, 2005, 04:52:11 PM »
Steuben County camp = 11 hunters = 0 permits!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline Dr. IceGeek

• Forked
« Reply #24 on: Oct 17, 2005, 05:19:54 PM »
I trust that the DEC knows what's best in terms of doe permits.  It's not always about making sure how many tags we all get.  If you are genuinely a conservationist and care about the quality of the deer herds then the fact that they are trying to keep the deer at managable levels so that the deer can thrive should be reason enough to limit permits in areas where winter kills and previous large numbers of doe taken/or areas with high hunting pressure have all but decimated the herd.  I don't have a problem with not getting a few extra permits this year if it means the survival or the herd for better overall long term results.  I think lots of people think the DEC isn't doing a good job if they get turned down for tags.  I for one would like to think that long term they are doing the right things.  Sometimes its hard to put your faith in science becasue results often depend on variables that are either far too complex for most individuals to comprehend who don't work in the field or the fact that for results to take place it often goes against the wishes of the sportmen in general.  Let the experts do their jobs in order to maintain the longterm health of the deer herds in our state!

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Oct 18, 2005, 12:00:28 PM »
If you get a super sportsman license or you buy muzzleloader and archery you get 3 tags and one of them is antlerless only for bow or muzzleloader. It is almost like having a doe permit but for use during bow/muzzleloader.

Offline Dr. IceGeek

• Forked
« Reply #26 on: Oct 18, 2005, 12:50:27 PM »
Thta's what I do...the super sportsman is the way to go.....

Offline tucker

• 6 Pointer
  • What are you lookin at?
« Reply #27 on: Oct 18, 2005, 02:14:25 PM »
it got one but it cost over $90 with the trapping license.  The price would not bother me if I knew it was going to a hunting cause instead of trails for bunny huggers to see the beaty of woods they did not pay a dime for.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Oct 18, 2005, 02:18:55 PM »
Let's have the state put a tax on hiking boots, we'll call it the granola tax and have it go to pay for state land improvements.  ;D

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Oct 18, 2005, 03:07:46 PM »
LOL! That really isn't a bad idea, though.
If all outdoor equipment had the same tax our wilderness areas would be better off.
Why should we sportsmen foot the bill for everything?
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal