Author Topic: 2010 NORTH / SOUTH Challenge--Sign up--BS Thread----  (Read 129018 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: 2010 NORTH / SOUTH Challenge--Sign up--BS Thread----
« Reply #810 on: Oct 18, 2010, 09:25:31 PM »
My favorite picture of all! Boy was I proud of him when he grabbed ahold of that rack!! I almost cried!!  :'(

It was worth the cliff hanger. ;D Congrats on a fine buck and it looks like you have a hunting partner in a few years. ;)

Offline BIG NINE!!!

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #811 on: Oct 19, 2010, 12:23:03 AM »
Thanks Guys!!!!
I appreciate all the congrats!!
My son is only 2 years old, and he loves everything that has to do with hunting, fishing, animals, etc. He has his lifetime license for sportsman, bow and muzzle. I hope that he will someday spend time with me in the woods and I can be there for his first deer down.
Later,
BIG NINE!!!

halfrack33

« Reply #812 on: Oct 19, 2010, 06:34:51 AM »
Ahhhh, my heart just sank.  :'(  nice little buck got hit by a car by exit 15 (saratoga) southbound this morning

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #813 on: Oct 19, 2010, 06:48:46 AM »
Don't drive any route North from Ithaca to Oswego County, your heart will sink about 50 times...I hate to see them killed like that...not how it's supposed to be, plus most don't end up in any freezer... :'(
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #814 on: Oct 19, 2010, 10:00:04 AM »
I wonder if that area is high with DMP as well Hunt???

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #815 on: Oct 19, 2010, 10:23:16 AM »
yea ill confess i missed a small buk w the bow. came in from a direction i didnt range and apparently i still suck at estimating yardage from 20 ft up. thought he was 35ish and yea he was 25 ish. not the 1st and surely not the last.  i was thankful i shot clear over his back and didnt wound him.  still a tight competition boys!!!  hoping to add 1 to the north this evening.
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #816 on: Oct 19, 2010, 11:45:44 AM »
CONGRATS Bignine. Great hunt, great story & fantastic pic with you & your son.
Isn't it amazing that bucks have a tendency to die in the worst possible place to get them out of !!!!! 

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #817 on: Oct 19, 2010, 11:53:08 AM »
Don't drive any route North from Ithaca to Oswego County, your heart will sink about 50 times...I hate to see them killed like that...not how it's supposed to be, plus most don't end up in any freezer... :'(
its weird how bad i could feel when i see a road kill but if i seen one on the roof of your car id give ya a thumbs up..i even slow if i see a dumb rabbit in the road but love to run them with my beagle after deer season..i think its the fact that deer or whatever had a life and now its not going to be put to good use, instead its going to rot away..

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #818 on: Oct 19, 2010, 11:55:41 AM »
oh and why have i not been added to the north/south chanllenge sheet..i signed up a few weeks ago for team south i live in 7f..just wonding if i was not added cuz i have not killed a deer yet or if you guys just missed me..but anyways thanks

Offline 33Canuck

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #819 on: Oct 19, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »
My favorite picture of all! Boy was I proud of him when he grabbed ahold of that rack!! I almost cried!!  :'(

Absolutely awesome it what that is, congrats on a great buck and a great pic!
Nothing beats the view through a peep!

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #820 on: Oct 19, 2010, 03:29:07 PM »
hunts2long is on page 26---
If anyopne isn't on the rooster just post what page you signed in on------------------

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #821 on: Oct 19, 2010, 04:30:51 PM »
NYduckman was on page 41. He wasn't sure what team but selected south.

Offline Bigwitt

• Forked
« Reply #822 on: Oct 19, 2010, 04:35:08 PM »
Sunday Morning I got in the stand just a few minutes after sun up. Jumped a doe on my way in. Got in the stand and in less then 1 minute this little one came in feeding on the clover and turips we have planted. 

A small spike chased her around a bit before heading off and bedding down behing my stand. Then momma came in and the two feed in the food plot for close to an hour and had no idea I was there. Going back out tomorrow morning hopefully I'll see grandpa! Nevermind the trailcam on the tree  ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #823 on: Oct 19, 2010, 04:39:36 PM »
Nice Bigwitt. Always nice to see deer and watch deer. Very educational to watch their movements and stuff.

Offline Bigwitt

• Forked
« Reply #824 on: Oct 19, 2010, 04:44:02 PM »
Nice Bigwitt. Always nice to see deer and watch deer. Very educational to watch their movements and stuff.

Yea to see how this deer reacted to the other deer coming into the area with her tail up and on high aleart was something I've never seen before. And then to watch the other Doe be very very careful about coming into the field was cool. Learned a lot about how the deer enter and exit the food plot. Also go to range a deer in a shooting lane i didnt think was in range but turns out after hitting the range finder 3 times on the deer is well withing range. Two days out and already have seen 5 deer, it's more then I've seen in the past two years combined.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal