Author Topic: Pre North / South Challenge B.S only Thread  (Read 42407 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Pre North / South Challenge B.S only Thread
« Reply #15 on: Aug 03, 2010, 03:41:45 PM »
How about weapon,hunter, and tagged animal all together in the pic? That way you could probably do away with the card. Most people don't take a pic with the weapon on display. I just think it makes the picture much more memorable but that's just me.

Also a few  Judges on protested deer---and their desision will be final---I won't be a judge---and some who is nuteral like drobertsin marryland to be the tie braker if needed?

I would be honored to do it if need be.

Offline howesfc

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Aug 03, 2010, 05:07:16 PM »
---i'll be killing brain cell at the race all weekwnd,,anyone in the neighborhood stop in--inside the track--site F-552.next to the Labatts trailer,,

Just might do that, I've got tickets in the Green Grandstands for the weekend ,last time I was there Little E won the Bush race and I hope I bring him good luck this time!

I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier. 11B40 Scout NYARNG RET.

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #17 on: Aug 03, 2010, 05:56:56 PM »
I vote for Pictures of Tags in photos

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #18 on: Aug 03, 2010, 06:08:57 PM »
Looks like good photos will be required,
any idea's on points,,,extra for a buck or if you take it with a bow---whats you opinions???
I'll post last years roster soon---

Offline adkbrookie

• Forked
« Reply #19 on: Aug 03, 2010, 07:36:31 PM »
i'm pretty new to the hunting bit but i have had an easier time taking deer during bow season. in my experience they are still very predictable, come out during the day, and aren't running scared because all their buddies are getting blasted. it all comes down to scouting and finding the BEST spot, where YOU can make the shot. anyways, following that logic i'd rather see the points allotted evenly without giving preference to those taken with a bow. unless it is taken with a bow during gun season. that is quite a feat imo, maybe someday i'll be that good...

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Aug 04, 2010, 05:51:47 AM »
I forgot who made the team Banners but they are great-----winning Team will make the losing Team banner,,and must be displayed---!!!!!

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Aug 05, 2010, 03:15:41 PM »
I made them...I was bored this winter after the season...I agree winning team gets to make the following year banner...Sept 27th come on, put the cameras at our camp in Newfield today will check them out in two weeks, love stealing points from the South...!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Aug 05, 2010, 03:19:40 PM »
I also make a motion that everyone getting in this year put the banner on their profile...
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Aug 05, 2010, 07:46:04 PM »
i think the North grabbed a lot of points in the south---come on over to the Glen this weekend--not far from Newfield..

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Aug 05, 2010, 07:52:35 PM »
Is there anyway someone could make a map of NY and have a number on the map where everyone is from??at least close to where their from????
like # 10 is joe and it shows he is in the center of fulton county??

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Aug 05, 2010, 08:39:15 PM »
couldn't we use the DMP numbers? And how about the point system? Last year does where only worth 1 point right? What if it was something like any deer is worth 5 or 10 points, bucks get additional points for the antler points. So if you took a 10 point buck it would be worth 20 points total. Then if the other side ends up taking 2 does they would match the buck. It just seems like with last years point system the side with the most bucks could race to far ahead. Not all of us get a shot at a buck during the season. Just my opinion to try and keep things competitive.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Aug 05, 2010, 08:54:45 PM »
I like that idea Deposit sounds fair and i think it will keep things interesting. Anyways im 5R saratoga county if anybody does make a map

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Aug 06, 2010, 04:47:18 AM »
Deposit--That sounds OK--I'll try to get it all ready by Sept.1 --if we can't get a map we could do the DMP # after your name,just to give an Idea where you are-

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Aug 06, 2010, 05:32:13 AM »
Here is a PDF link to a decent DMP map. I am note sure how to post it here because its a PDF file (my cp is being funny this morning I can't make it an active linek)

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/wmutownmap09.pdf

« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2010, 05:34:15 AM by Deposit »

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal