Author Topic: Season Opener  (Read 4329 times)

Offline Fishboy899

• Spiked
  • Nothing better than bow season!
Season Opener
« on: Aug 17, 2004, 01:19:18 PM »
Season opener is only a little over one moth away for northern zone and a little under 2 months away for southern zone! ;D  What zone do you guys hunt in?  I hunt southern zone and have another spot in Albany county that is bow only so that is nice.  I can't wait :D

Offline dogfish

• Spiked
Re: Season Opener
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2004, 07:37:27 AM »
I hunt Northern Zone out of a camp between Tupper and Cranberry Lakes.  Early Bear in Sept, Muzzloader and rifle Oct - Dec.  Southern Zone I live outside of Auburn and hunt there Bow, muzzloader, shotgun and pistol.  Starting in Oct.  I chase a few bushytails around down south in Sept. 
This Sun 8/22, I am headed to Shefferville Quebec for a week of Labrador-Barron ground Caribou hunting with my 7mm.   Can't wait.
Dogfish

Offline reubenpa

• Forked
  • OH MY... I can't stop shaking!!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2004, 05:54:07 PM »
I might go up to near Watertown to where I used to live so I can hunt Oct 1st in Acrhery. I have a place all scouted out but that was 5 years ago.....  Things may have changed in that time
Come on Archery season

Offline The Smokestick Kid

• 6 Pointer
  • When the hammer drops, the B.S. stops!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2004, 06:07:27 PM »
For the most part, I hunt the southern zone. But I usually go up north with my bow for a couple days. Also manage to squeeze in a little rifle hunting each year as well ;) Can't wait for early bear!  ;D

-Zach

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2004, 09:11:33 AM »
I hunt both sections Northern and Southern but concentrate on Southern where I live. But I do make a couple trips to the Northern zone.

Jon

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2004, 01:43:06 PM »
I exclusively hunt the Southern zone.  My family used to own land in the Southern Tier of WNY.  Luckily we had made a lot of friends in the area so when we were forced to sell our land we still could hunt our friends' properties.
Their comin' right for us!

Offline browntrout08

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2004, 06:49:18 PM »
Most of my hunting is done in southern Western NY, but this year I have another spot closer to home near the alabama swamps. 

Offline deerslayer92163

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2004, 08:07:19 PM »
i trophy hunt the northern zone near watertown and southern zone where i live 9j

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2005, 07:50:48 PM »
southern zone of western ny here too 6 months and 1 day to go

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal