Author Topic: hunter dead  (Read 2355 times)

Offline walleyeguy

• 6 Pointer
hunter dead
« on: Nov 18, 2009, 02:03:50 PM »
http://www.uticaod.com/breaking/x381219291/Hunter-reportedly-killed-in-woods

i was one of the ems/fire persons that responded to this. and being a fellow hunter myself it really pulled at my heart strings. be safe out there guys!! use harnesses!!

Offline holden222

• 6 Pointer
Re: hunter dead
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2009, 02:10:24 PM »
That's too bad I think its a good idea to wear a harness in a tree stand.

Look at the first comment on that statement. Talk about showing compassion for fellow man. It's real pathetic that people care more about wild creatures then they do about other human beings. >:(

Offline walleyeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2009, 02:12:28 PM »
my guess its a left wing liberal or some douche along them lines

Offline dooberhoopa

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2009, 08:43:05 AM »
i wear my harness in my ladderstands and portables...but my main stand might as well be a treehouse...i dont wear it then i wouldnt be able to get from one end to the other

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2009, 09:47:53 AM »
I always were a harness, especially since most of my stands are on rock walls. When I'm in my buddy stand I leave more slack in the line so I can shoot over either side. I got sick of the harnesses that come with the cheap ladders I buy so I gave in and got a HSS vest this year. Only thing I don't like about the vest is that it has seatbelt buckles on the leg loops that are large, loud and bulky exposed metel. I leave straps or heavy rope in most of my stands so I can just tie in when I get up instead of messing around with the loud metel strap buckle. I wouldn't fire my 10ga out of a stand without a harness on  :o and it's my most accurate option until I get my in-line resighted without the red dot.

Offline vermonner

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2009, 03:08:19 PM »
Sad.  MY prayers got out to his family and friends. 

I work in a Neurosurgical medical practice and we see an increase in neck injuries (from aches to paralysis) this time of year, every year.  We evolved to come down out of trees, not go up into them, SO WEAR A GOLDANGED HARNESS!!!

Offline walleyeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2009, 09:44:13 PM »
from the reports im getting on the autopsy. looks like he had a heart attack and fell out of the tree. he was found cuz he told family he would be home by a certain time and when he didnt they went looking for him. its a shame.. :'(

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2009, 05:17:54 AM »
What is getting me more concerned is the fact of a heart attack. In his 40's active and with all the advancements we have had in heart disease. Being in my late forties, Maybe I'm more in tune to my own mortality. Just seems like more and more people in the obits in their forties. Also I have always used a restraint of some sort. As a bow-hunter education instructor for NY. I couldn't ever be in a tree stand without one.
Would it have saved this man?, not sure, he may have had the attack climbing in, and the use of a climbing rope with a prussic knot is still controversial. All my prayers go to his family and friends. Just not a good way to find a loved one who was out doing something they loved to do.

Offline walleyeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2009, 07:31:09 PM »
but at least he went doing something he loved to do.

Offline MeatHunter737

• Forked
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2009, 09:27:54 PM »
who the hell knows, maybe he saw bullwinkle makin his way in, and he was standing to get ready to draw back when his heart pounded out of his chest.........its too bad, but one things for sure he died in the woods, and not crossing a busy city street...........
I buy a SuperSportsman to put meat in the freezer...

Offline pooley

• 6 Pointer
  • don't shoot the 2 legged dear!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2009, 02:42:04 PM »
my prayers are with the family. at least he was doing what he loved when he died.

Offline walleyeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2009, 07:48:24 PM »
autospy results are in. he died from spinal injuries and internal injuries. so it was a fall

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #12 on: Nov 23, 2009, 08:24:44 PM »
Another hunter found dead..just around the corner from deposits house,no cause yet..
Deposit have you heard of it yet--North Green Road--Mr.Foote---rip

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal