Author Topic: headin up north this weekend  (Read 860 times)

Offline bunnyasassyn

• Forked
headin up north this weekend
« on: Feb 19, 2010, 08:12:46 AM »
hey guys a few of us are headin up to fort drum this weekend to run the elusive white rabbit, does anyone have an idea of how much snow is on the ground up there?

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: headin up north this weekend
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2010, 09:50:07 AM »
I dont know how much snow there is but GOOD LUCK....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bunnyasassyn

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2010, 10:21:36 AM »
ah ok thanks anyhow. its my first time goin for the hare if i slay ill post some pics!!

Offline bunnyasassyn

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2010, 09:20:52 AM »
well we had a good weekend of runnin up there eventhough the snow was pretty deep. we ended up with 5 on saturday and eventhough i didnt get one i was pumped just to be there. Cottontail hunting is nothing compared to the pounding of the dogs when they're on a wise ol' hare. i saw a couple of them suckers but i didnt get any shots..the only shot i got was at a grouse and i fumbled the saftey man they are fast!!! i think with less snow on the ground the dogs coulda worked em better and we woulda got more but over all it was a great weekend and we got a lot of exercise!!! i tried to post pictures but my computer here at work wont let me bring up photobucket.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2010, 02:09:49 PM »
We had similar problems last week in Maine, snow wasn't too deep just tore their feet up pretty quick.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal