Author Topic: White Rabbits  (Read 1306 times)

Offline myemmy

• 8 Pointer
White Rabbits
« on: Dec 21, 2008, 09:18:31 AM »
Has any one been persuing the white rabbit, also known as the varying hare,or snow shoe rabbit,??? Their fun to chase after with or without dogs, i know that the population of them maybe down due to the DAMM,---coyotes !!!!!!!!!!    Just a fun thing to do since the deer season is over.

upstatehunter

Re: White Rabbits
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2008, 09:23:28 AM »
We were headed to yesterday, but the storm got us, and with this one today, you had better have the snowshoes on you and the dog. Until it freezes and hardens up.

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2008, 02:18:31 PM »
I've got out for em once this year but didn't cut any fresh track...Don't think they were moving much when I went.  I like to cut a fresh track and follow it until I catch a glimpse and get a shot. Alot of fun and very challenging. Hares like to double back on their track when in pursue, or they'll get mixed in with other tracks. I've been thrown for a "Loop" many a time by the ole' snowshoes. Good luck guys!  Post some pics!!!

Same thing here with the snow; We got buried too!  I've chased em' on snowshoes before and that is hard work!  Actually had a snowshoe break on me once and I had to struggle back in waist deep snow... It's still fun but one heck of a workout! 
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2008, 02:24:45 PM by Issiah »

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2008, 09:36:40 PM »
Havent gotten out after the white rabbits yet.Got 5 cottontails and 3 grouse the other day between my brother and i.Snows getting pretty deep.Was about knee high until you hit those pockets that would go up to your waist.Was a blast though
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2008, 01:00:53 PM »

I'm Ready---Ben

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal