Author Topic: Deer movement?  (Read 10567 times)

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
Re: Deer movement?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 01, 2007, 11:34:16 AM »
I go to school at paul smiths.We were out after some small game the other day and the bucks are scrapin everywhere up here.The cold nights weve been havin are kicken the rut into gear.
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline the wizard

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #31 on: Nov 01, 2007, 02:22:48 PM »
 its going on now in allegany co.   , yesterday I saw 3 deer along rt.86 between Cuba and Olean that were hit by cars and there heads were gone [ assuming Bucks]  saw another on the edge of the road testing my reflexes [ small6pt.]
Saw one get hit this morn. and one that was exploded by a semi all over.
   This weekend should be prime....
      >>>>--------> 2014 Venison Villans

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #32 on: Nov 02, 2007, 09:50:20 AM »
Traffic was a little better this morning with the nice cold weather. Had 2 does & 3 fawns come right in under my treestand. About a half hour after that a coyote started in across the creek but wouldn't come into bow range. At least the critters are moving around. Hopefully this weekend will be good.

Offline XII Outdoors

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #33 on: Nov 02, 2007, 10:00:15 AM »
Hey Wizard, I cant get to camp until next weekend but that is great news.  I ll be in the Almond area that weekend and I hope I dont miss it.  Its those few special days that make the difference.  Good luck to you

Offline RLWagner

• Nubbie
« Reply #34 on: Nov 02, 2007, 12:02:34 PM »
Seen three nice basket rack this morning in the neighbors yard squaring off for a fight. It is starting in Michigan! ;)

Offline marcus

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #35 on: Nov 02, 2007, 05:47:16 PM »
i have been seeing bucks out in fields and near the road where they aren't usually seen. Also when walking into my stand yesterday i walked up on a 6 point. I having never shot a deer   gun or bow   dropped to the ground and tried to get an arrow nocked which didnt work out so well...anyways back to the buck he spotted me and even ran off a few steps before returning to whatever he was doing  a little time passed i had finally got an arrow ready and decided i needed to see him once more i poked my head no more than a few inches above the bush i was in . At this point he spooked and alongside him a doe took off also.   later on i dragged a scent drag to my other stand and as soon as i was in the stand i could see a little buck (spike) maybe   nose down on my trail!    he then started crisscrossing the trail i made...anyways here in Western New York seems things are heating up as the temps finally cool down. I am pumped for the weekend gonna get my first (i hope)

Offline SilentStalker

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #36 on: Nov 03, 2007, 07:27:10 PM »
 Things are heating up in the North County. One of my hunting partners shot an 8 tonight in St. Law. Cty. He said it was sniffing 10 minutes behind a couple does. Another buddy saw a big crotch in the am, but couldn't shoot due to antler rules. I'm Still waiting to see some horn this year with a gun in my hand. Good luck whille the gettin's good. 8)

Offline Contender

• Nubbie
« Reply #37 on: Nov 05, 2007, 06:15:19 PM »
Been seeing some heavy chasing in area 8N the last 2 weekends...Seeing most of the activity from 11:00am  until  2:30pm. Bucks are searching out the does and chasing when they find them. No shots other than the doe I got opening weekend.

Good luck

Offline RLWagner

• Nubbie
« Reply #38 on: Nov 06, 2007, 08:40:22 AM »
Many of the SE MIchigan grainfields are being cut primarily corn and Soy. Lots of basket racks showing up in the tree lines as the does are out feeding. The big boys are venturing maybe 20 yards out at most. Seen three bucks in neighbors yard squared off ready to spar. No doubt our rut is kicking into full gear.

Offline Mentiply

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #39 on: Nov 06, 2007, 07:28:46 PM »
Just got a call from my father in law who lives in Almond NY it's snowing out there right now so that will help for seeing movement.

Offline the wizard

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #40 on: Nov 06, 2007, 10:18:29 PM »
Just got a call from my father in law who lives in Almond NY it's snowing out there right now so that will help for seeing movement.
   Started snowing today early, it is still at it, they say we will have 8'' by evening tomorrow.
  I'm working every day 10 hrs but I took last sunday off to bow hunt, saw a deer in morn , then the wind changed so I moved the stand and walked up on a 4 pt entering the woods [ 2nd spot ]  which ended up hanging around under me most of the afternoon .   Saw 3 more in range but besides a huge doe there were no shooters seen .   I  might not get out again till late season so hope you guys have better luck than I did.
      >>>>--------> 2014 Venison Villans

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal