Author Topic: Anyone in Ny need to get rid of problem geese  (Read 3980 times)

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
Anyone in Ny need to get rid of problem geese
« on: Aug 01, 2007, 07:46:10 PM »
 I can't wait top get out do some blasting. Trying to find a few more places to hunt. Might do some driving around and asking for permission this weekend. I'm sure that most farmers don't want them there and would like to get rid of a few
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2007, 08:32:37 PM by vivlamored »

Offline Ethan.

• Spiked
Re: Goose hunting
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2007, 06:47:02 PM »
i just started goose hunting last year and it was a blast,this summer i went out and bought a 12 gage semi auto   i have 1 question though what size choke do i use??
The Beast Is Dead Long Live The Beast

Wack em and stack em

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2007, 09:43:00 PM »
Personally I use a mod. 3 inch shells in  either 2 or bb.

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
Re: Anyone in Ny need to get rid of problem geese
« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2007, 08:34:38 PM »
saw quite a few local flocks today. Just under a month till the season opens! :)

Offline the wizard

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2007, 09:39:13 PM »
i just started goose hunting last year and it was a blast,this summer i went out and bought a 12 gage semi auto   i have 1 question though what size choke do i use??
  It depends on the style of hunting you do, if you pass shoot you might want a tighter pattern, if you blind hunt and they are in your face you can go with imp.cyl.           It's a lot like turkey hunting in the fact that different brands of shells shoot better in certain guns, try a few kinds at a target and see what your gun likes.       I have a benelli that likes a mod. choke w/ bb or #2's;  My beretta shoots ''t'' shot w/ imp. cyl   or#3 w/ mod. best but #3's are lite for pass shooting.        You might find you like an after market full choke designed for steel shot.
  These are things you might consider after you've been hunting a few years.    This is how it went with me, the first couple years I used what ever , then I found out how much fun goose hunting was and started trying other things .
  I do know my guns don't pattern 3 1/2'' shells very good at all, I only use 3''ers.
                                                                                                                   Good Luck and stack'em up!
      >>>>--------> 2014 Venison Villans

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2007, 03:01:47 PM »
I bought the remington super mag as soon as they came out thinking it would be great but to tell you the truth the 31/2 shess kick the snot out of you which was something that I found out real quick and went back to 3inchers

Offline XII Outdoors

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2007, 09:12:25 PM »
the time is approaching quickly
I have packed and repacked my field bag several times this summer to make sure im ready
the itch is killing me
cant wait for goose, bow, shotgun, muzzleloader and then ice fishing

the days are too long

Offline oneshot

• Nubbie
« Reply #7 on: Aug 26, 2007, 12:51:55 PM »
first year geese hunting anyone have any places they could share to hunt around the fort drum area. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Ethan.

• Spiked
« Reply #8 on: Sep 19, 2007, 10:18:03 AM »
I no that goose ends the 25 but does it open up again later in the year?A  full   choke shouldnt be to tight for steel?

Wack em and stack em

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2007, 03:28:18 PM »
20+% of the time i use mod on gees with 2s ts and bbs

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2007, 06:17:23 PM »
I no that goose ends the 25 but does it open up again later in the year?A  full   choke shouldnt be to tight for steel?

It does open up again later in October or November - date depends on your region within the state.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Sep 19, 2007, 06:47:48 PM »
opend the 27 of october in most of the  state then re opens in november the shut it down for a week or so

Offline Ethan.

• Spiked
« Reply #12 on: Sep 21, 2007, 10:10:32 AM »
i live in 4f region cold anyone give me a list of duck and goose seasons

Wack em and stack em

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Sep 22, 2007, 07:45:37 AM »
Best thing to do would be to visit http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/28503.html and download the PDF - gives you full details on migratory bird regs.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline XII Outdoors

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Sep 22, 2007, 04:32:39 PM »
not going to get out in the early season but friends of mine have done very well
im looking forward to the second season

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal