The Camp Fire > The Grumpy Old Men Hunting Shack
ok...im getting OLD...WHATS UP WITH???????????
(1/2) > >>
mauser98:
it keeps getting more and more expensive for things and STUFF....whats UP with that???? im getting closer to retirement   and taxes are going up...food is going up   EVERYTHING is....dont they KNOW its getting MY TIME?????  but THATS ok...ive been looking at places in  the mts of west va....taxes are like 1/3rd of what they are up here in DA STICKS...i may just pick up my toys and go there....
nyduckman:
the wife and I aren't to far behind you,  we are planning on heading to North Carolina within the next year and half or so... im so sick of this state I have worked in NC for the past few winters since im laid off up here during that time and have come to love the people and economy...
30-30:

--- Quote from: mauser98 on Jul 13, 2014, 06:53:35 AM ---it keeps getting more and more expensive for things and STUFF....whats UP with that???? im getting closer to retirement   and taxes are going up...food is going up   EVERYTHING is....dont they KNOW its getting MY TIME?????  but THATS ok...ive been looking at places in  the mts of west va....taxes are like 1/3rd of what they are up here in DA STICKS...i may just pick up my toys and go there....

--- End quote ---
            Where do you live now? I retired 4 years ago, yea things are going up, my taxes here aren't out of site, food and gas is up, but I can make do.
            Good luck with your retirement.
hesseltine32:
I was up in the mnts of west by god virgina this week end. It's nice up there compaired to MD and NY it's seems like a lawless state.  They do have a whole new level of bumpkin/ hillbilly up there though.
mauser98:
i live in vermont...and west va is looking better all the time....i have a small place here...in town... nothing great   taxes are like 3500 a year for what?    plus all the other taxes  are just driving me NUTZ...maybe its just me getting old...but i looked at a place down in west va...15 acres and a place 1100-1200 sq ft all on a dirt road....nothing great.......but taxes 450 dollars a year?  YEAH when i get closer to retirement...im gonna look into it more...its MY MONEY...im tired of giving it away...
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version