MHF US Northeast > Hunting Maine
deer on the run
<< < (2/3) > >>
sharpshooter:
I think your spot on  slt I I don't have any luck with any of it
pikehater:
I've carried a bleat can for years and used it only when bored and desperate. Never any success.  This year I was in my stand and saw a deer quartering away from me through some thick birch trees. For fun I hit that bleat twice. Small buck circled back within seconds. Season over.
cjg:
Calls are like anything, if you use it and it works you're a fan if you've tried it without success they're junk.
I wouldn't be without a grunt call in my pocket. I have gotten more than 1 buck because of the call. I used a FoxPro electronic call this year to get a buck but have used it multiple times with no luck. A lot of it is some people call to loud and to often. I have called 1 buck rattling with a bag, but most of the time nothing. If you're in the right spot with the right conditions they work, they wouldn't be selling so many if they didn't.
windwalker:
Grunted in a buck once across three hundred and fifty yards across a field , brought him within feet of where i was hiding ....he was itching for a fight ! Best result i have had is with what some call a native deer call , it's about three inchs long , ( Make my own now ) , two pieces of wood with the center curved out to allow for the rubber band that goes through the area to vibrate , then a another rubber band to hold the two together ...have called in more deer with this then any commercial deer call , even called in some mule deer does years ago with it .Cheap , used Birch or any hard wood to make the pieces , onlt about half a inch thick by half a inch wide by three inchs long , fits right into the mouth so you can walk and bleat at the same time , the tension of the rubber band can be tightened or loosened to tune the sound from a fawn to a more deeper doe call .............works for me
Lobsterman:

--- Quote from: windwalker on Nov 29, 2017, 10:55:57 PM ---Grunted in a buck once across three hundred and fifty yards across a field , brought him within feet of where i was hiding ....he was itching for a fight ! Best result i have had is with what some call a native deer call , it's about three inchs long , ( Make my own now ) , two pieces of wood with the center curved out to allow for the rubber band that goes through the area to vibrate , then a another rubber band to hold the two together ...have called in more deer with this then any commercial deer call , even called in some mule deer does years ago with it .Cheap , used Birch or any hard wood to make the pieces , onlt about half a inch thick by half a inch wide by three inchs long , fits right into the mouth so you can walk and bleat at the same time , the tension of the rubber band can be tightened or loosened to tune the sound from a fawn to a more deeper doe call .............works for me

--- End quote ---
   maybe you could put another thread out with instructions / pictures on howto make this call i like making my own stuff , especially outdoor gear
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version