Author Topic: April 19th For Me  (Read 5173 times)

Offline out door man

• Forked
April 19th For Me
« on: Mar 09, 2010, 01:33:03 PM »
The Turkey Game Starts April 19th For Me, Any One Else Get The Hunt They Wanted.
Get The Spud Launcher !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: April 19th For Me
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2010, 02:30:18 PM »
Same for me here in MD.

Offline OUTDOORSMEN

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2010, 05:40:51 PM »
Mine starts april 28th

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2010, 07:22:09 PM »
Spring youth hunt is the 24th and 25th of April..... Its killing me because that's the weekend me and the buddys have planed for our  annual ice out trout trip.. :-\   Outher wise it starts May 1st.....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »
Spring youth hunt is the 24th and 25th of April..... Its killing me because that's the weekend me and the buddys have planed for our  annual ice out trout trip.. :-\   Outher wise it starts May 1st.....
Dont you think ny season should start around april 19? It seems that the birds are more into it during april than they are after the first few weeks of may. I remeber when i did the youth hunt a few yrs back that it was awesome hunting. More gobbling, struttin, and breeding action. Plus if the season was earlier we wouldnt have to deal with all the leaves and mosquitoes at the end of may.

Offline dan_lais

• 6 Pointer
  • can't wait for May 1st!!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2010, 11:35:12 PM »
great point 7.i actually have a roadside video of breeding strutting etc in march here in ny.the season should be april 15-may 31.but hey its ny does anything make sense here?

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!!!!!!!!

Offline myemmy

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2010, 09:12:17 AM »
April 15 , sounds like a good idea buy hey its n.y.  !!!!!!!

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2010, 09:36:35 AM »
I posted this on here before about the NY season dates: http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/48823.html

It's not neccessarily about opening the season when turkeys are easiest to kill. ;D
The goal for managing the spring hunting season is to give hunters the greatest amount of opportunity to go afield and harvest a bird, while minimizing the risk to nesting hens, causing minimum disruption to breeding behavior, and minimizing the risk of overharvest. To do this, we open the spring season near the median date for the onset of incubation (when hens are on nests). A recent study by Virginia Tech looking at timing of turkey hunting seasons in the northeastern U.S. found that the timing of New York's spring season was ideal based on data for breeding and nesting turkeys in our region.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal