Author Topic: big 5 point with muzzeloader  (Read 2509 times)

Offline adrenalin_rush

• Spiked
  • Git-r'-done
big 5 point with muzzeloader
« on: Mar 11, 2009, 06:53:01 PM »
hunted all year trying to get a decent sized buck and didn't even see a horn. finally, in the last week of muzzeloader season, i wassetting next to a fence-row the met two feilds. the field to my right was not ours, but the one to the left was. i peeked over and saw a couple of deer in the other field and watched them for a while. while my atention was focused on them, i looked over and saw a deer in front of me. it was a button buck. then all of a sudden, it took off and ran towards the swamp and in ran a nice buck. it stopped perfect broadside and i took the shot. he ran about 50 yards and smoked a tree. either the bullet killed him or i got lucky and he knocked himself out. he was a tall 5 (almost 6) point with a 15 in. spread. nice buck. any comments?
There i was back in the wild again, felt right at home where I belong. And I had that feeling comin' over me again, just like it happened so many times before. Oh Fred Bear, walk with me, down the trails again. Take me back, back where I belong. Oh Fred Bear, I'm glad to have you at my side my friend. And I'll join you on the big hunt before too long.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: big 5 point with muzzeloader
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »
Got any pics?
X2. Congrats we like to see pics :).

Offline adrenalin_rush

• Spiked
  • Git-r'-done
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2009, 02:24:47 PM »
i dont know how to put pics on.
There i was back in the wild again, felt right at home where I belong. And I had that feeling comin' over me again, just like it happened so many times before. Oh Fred Bear, walk with me, down the trails again. Take me back, back where I belong. Oh Fred Bear, I'm glad to have you at my side my friend. And I'll join you on the big hunt before too long.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2009, 02:31:38 PM »
i dont know how to put pics on.
It is alot to explain. If you know how to email them you can email them to me and i will post them for you. If interested send them to [email protected].

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal