Author Topic: Baiting Ban For Entire Lower Peninsula  (Read 6630 times)

Offline drake30

• Nubbie
  • why not?
Re: Baiting Ban For Entire Lower Peninsula
« Reply #15 on: Apr 06, 2009, 10:49:24 PM »
i agree as well! i've killed deer w/ and w/out bait. depends on where i hunt. i don't like not having the choice though. i hunt for meat and that's it. we do not eat beef, only our wild game we shoot and poultry. and we use 100% of all our meat every year!!
population control is my passion!

upstatehunter

Re: Baiting Ban For Entire Lower Peninsula
« Reply #16 on: Apr 07, 2009, 05:59:40 AM »
Seems yet another oh my god fish and wildlife moment. They seem to jump at the mention of cwd.
I agree with the person who stated it happens in the wild. I hunt a group of apple trees that on some nights will have ten to twenty deer under them. They are coming in contact with each others saliva just as at a bait pile.
Seems they would be better served going after feeders that use bread and whole corn, to feed in the winter. They don't get the fact they are killing deer. Processed bread contains enzymes that kill bacteria, which doesn't allow deer to process their food. Hence full belly and starve to death. Also whole corn, changes the chemical content of a deers stomach, as it changes for winter to digest woody browse. Deer who eat standing corn, also eat stalks, leaves and such but not piles of whole corn, some of which may have been stored for years before processing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal